Sabudana or sago helps in muscle growth, it keeps our blood pressure under control, improves the process of digestion and improves the health of our bones.
Sabudana Vada, as you just read is a healthy substitute for breakfast. If you do not wish to deep fry them, then you could prepare them using an air fryer as well. Now quickly take a note of ingredients to be used for preparing Sabudana Vada, prepare them and savour them with your favourite beverage. Just to remind you, do follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in order share more yummy recipes and #foodhacks with the budding Whisk Affair community, see you all soon!
- Sabudana - ½ cup
- Boiled potato - 2 ( medium )
- Salt to taste ( use sendha namak if making for fasting )
- Fresh coriander - 3 tbsp ( chopped )
- Green chili - 2-3 ( chopped )
- Roasted peanuts - ¼ cup ( Skin removed and broken into small pieces )
- Wash the sabudana very nicely.
- Soak for 6-8 hours in water. ( water should just cover the sabudana )
- After 6-8 hours, sabudana would have soaked all the water and will be soft.
- Add soaked sabudana, salt, fresh coriander, green chili and roasted peanuts in a bowl.
- Mash the boiled potatoes and add to the bowl.
- Mix everything nicely.
- Heat oil in a non stick frying pan.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Flatten them a little bit.
- If it is too sticky, apply little oil on your palms.
- Fry the vadas in hot oil till golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney. ( Coriander chutney for fasting )