Considered to be one of the must try curries of India, Safed Murg Korma is primarily prepared with cashew nuts, poppy seeds, milk, ghee and yogurt. Here is how to make chicken in white gravy.
About This Recipe
The word Korma means cooked meat. Korma is popular across India and Pakistan. One can make Korma using chicken as well as lamb. However, I have used chicken more often while preparing Korma.
This is a fine, white curry made using chicken and rich ingredients. This is primarily prepared with cashew nuts, poppy seeds, milk, ghee and yogurt. The curry tastes creamy and refreshing.
The best thing about this Chicken in White Gravy is that its gravy has a beautiful color. So, for those family dinners, the menu looks really good when this along with Malai Kofta, Naan are served, the eyes as well as the stomach feel treated!
I add some fresh cream to make the gravy creamier, however, you could balance it as per your choice. As white pepper powder is used for making it mildly spicy, again, as I said, you can customize it as per your comfort level.
Safed Murg Korma / Chicken in White Gravy
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 kg Chicken (Curry cut)
- 15-20 Cashew Nut
- 2 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 2-3 Green chilli
- 1 inch Ginger
- 5-6 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 2 tsp Maida
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp White pepper powder
- 1/4 cup Fresh cream
- Heat butter and vegetable oil in a pan.
- Add chicken and fry on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Make a paste of cashew nuts, poppy seeds, green chilli, ginger and garlic and add it in the pan.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk yogurt with maida and add it in the pan along with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk and cover the pan and cook the chicken until it’s done.
- Add garam masala powder, lemon juice, white pepper powder and fresh cream and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with saffron strands and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with Naan or Bakharkhani Roti.