Salsa Chicken is an easy and healthy baked chicken dish that is perfect to serve for dinner. It is KETO friendly as well. Here is how to make it.
Looking for a delicious and healthy dish, that can get ready in less than an hour, then this Salsa Chicken is the answer to all your demands.
An appetising Chicken dish that needs only 5 ingredients to get ready.
Tender, juicy, and perfectly cooked, this chicken is baked on a bed of fresh tomato salsa and then topped with melted cheese and parsley to finish this fantastic recipe.
This is a perfect dish to make if you are looking for a low carb, a keto-friendly recipe that is loaded with lots of flavors.
What is Salsa Chicken?
It is an easy peasy Chicken dish that is apt for your weeknight dinner or for such days when you are short on time but still want a delicious dinner.
Here, the chicken gets all the flavor from tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, garlic and melted cheese does the remaining work.
It is then topped with cheese and parsley and baked again until the cheese melts on top.
There are endless options when we think about how to serve with this Salsa Chicken.
Here are some of my favorites:
- You can serve it on its own. The juicy flavor from the tomato salsa goes really well with the perfectly baked chicken.
- Serve it on the bed of Spanish Rice and some Salad on the side. You can even add it to a Mexican Burrito Bowl.
- Shred the chicken and stuff it inside Tacos, Burritos, or even Quesadillas. I often use my leftover Salsa Chicken to stuff in my Tacos, I just love the flavor it brings to them.
- I like to load it with black beans, sour cream, and bacon for a hearty chicken dinner.
- You can also serve it Mexican cauliflower rice.
Salsa Chicken In Slow Cooker
Making it in a slow cooker is even easier.
If you have enough time in your hand, then you can even try making this delicious Salsa Chicken in a slow cooker or crockpot.
Put the partially cooked taco seasoning chicken in a slow cooker and cover it with salsa.
Mix properly, until the chicken is covered with salsa.
Cover the slow cooker and cook it for 4 hours on high or for 6 to 8 hours on low.
Before 10 minutes, add the cheese and parsley on top. Cover and cook it again.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
If you have leftovers, you can also freeze it in an airtight container for about 2 months.
Step by Step Recipe
Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F (180 Degrees C). Pound the chicken breasts to even thickness.
Rub taco seasoning all over them.
Heat a skillet and brush it with oil. Once the skillet is hot, transfer the chicken breast on to it and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
Spread 1/2 cup of salsa in a baking pan.
Remove the chicken pieces from the skillet and arrange them on the baking pan over the salsa.
Top the breasts with the remaining salsa.
Bake for 35 minutes until the chicken is done. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes.
Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups Tomato Salsa
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp Parsley (Chopped)
- Pre heat the oven to 375 Degrees F (180 Degrees C).
- Pound the chicken breasts to even thickness and rub taco seasoning all over them.
- Heat a skillet and brush it with oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, transfer the chicken breast on to it and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Spread 1/2 cup of salsa in a baking pan.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the skillet and arrange them on the baking pan over the salsa.
- Top the breasts with the remaining salsa.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the chicken is done.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.