Ideal for breakfast, supper, and dinners that are easy on the stomach, Sausage Rolls so scrumptious that they will surely unfold a promising day. Pair it up with the cooler of your choice and relish an interesting meal. Get started and read the recipe for Sausage Rolls:
- Bread flour - 4 cups If bread flour is not available mix 3 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour with 1/4 cup vital gluten
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Milk powder - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Active dry yeast - 2 and 1/4 tsp
- Warm milk - 1 and 1/4 cup
- Egg white - 2
- Butter - 50 g
- Sausages - 12 I used chicken sausages. You can use which ever you like
- Egg white - 1
- Water - 2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Mix bread flour, salt and milk powder in a bowl.
- Mix warm milk, yeast and sugar in another bowl and let it rest for 6-8 minutes, until it froths.
- Mix the yeast mixture in the flour mixture.
- Add egg whites and mix together to form a dough.
- Add butter in 4-5 additions and mix well before each addition.
- Take out the dough on a lightly floured surface and keep kneading with the heel of your hands for 10-12 minutes. ( Kneading is the key guys. Do not compromise on this step )
- If using a stand mixer, knead on medium speed for 6-8 minutes )
- Lightly oil a bowl and transfer the dough in the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a moist cloth and keep it in a warm place for 2 hours, till the dough doubles in size.
- Lightly punch the dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces.
- Lightly oil your work surface and roll each piece into a ball on it.
- Roll each ball into a 25-30 cm long rope and roll it around the sausage.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange all the rolls on the tray keeping some distance between them.
- Cover the tray with a kitchen towel and let it rest for an hour.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Set the oven on TOAST MODE where both the heating elements with work. ( In my oven it is represented by two parallel lines )
- Mix egg white with 2 tbsp of water.
- Lightly brush the egg wash on the rolls.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, till slightly browned form the top.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with ketchup.