Sausage Rolls Recipe
Make these scrumptious Sausage Rolls and enjoy any day. Here is a simple recipe
- 4 cups Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Milk powder
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 and 1/4 tsp Active dry yeast
- 1 and 1/4 tsp Milk warm
- 2 Egg white
- 50 gms Butter
- 12 Chicken Sausages
- 1 Egg white
- 2 tbsp Water
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Mix bread flour, salt and milk powder in a bowl.
- Mix warm milk, yeast and sugar in another bowl and let it rest for 6-8 minutes, until it froths.
- Mix the yeast mixture in the flour mixture.
- Add egg whites and mix together to form a dough.
- Add butter in 4-5 additions and mix well before each addition.
- Take out the dough on a lightly floured surface and keep kneading with the heel of your hands for 10-12 minutes. ( Kneading is the key guys. Do not compromise on this step )
- If using a stand mixer, knead on medium speed for 6-8 minutes )
- Lightly oil a bowl and transfer the dough in the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a moist cloth and keep it in a warm place for 2 hours, till the dough doubles in size.
- Lightly punch the dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces.
- Lightly oil your work surface and roll each piece into a ball on it.
- Roll each ball into a 25-30 cm long rope and roll it around the sausage.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange all the rolls on the tray keeping some distance between them.
- Cover the tray with a kitchen towel and let it rest for an hour.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Set the oven on TOAST MODE where both the heating elements with work. ( In my oven it is represented by two parallel lines )
- Mix egg white with 2 tbsp of water.
- Lightly brush the egg wash on the rolls.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, till slightly browned form the top.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with ketchup.
If bread flour is not available mix 3 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour with 1/4 cup vital gluten
I used chicken sausages. You can use which ever you like