Spaghetti in Tomato Cream Sauce….Weeknight dinners are usually quick making recipes in my house and pasta is the most popular one. With so many options available to make the dish, it’s mostly something new each time. For yesterday’s dinner, I made this Spaghetti in Tomato Cream Sauce which was loved by the family. The recipe is quite simple to make and the result is fantastic. So here is how to make Spaghetti in Tomato Cream Sauce.
Recipe to make Spaghetti in Tomato Cream Sauce
Spaghetti in Tomato Cream Sauce
- Spaghetti - 200 g
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Garlic - 1 and 1/2 tsp finely chopped
- Onion - 1/4 cup Finely chopped
- Tomatoes - 250 g Crushed
- Red chili flakes - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Balsamic Vinegar - 2 tsp
- Heavy cream - 1/2 cup
- Parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup and more for garnishing
- Fresh basil leaves - 8-10 Torn
- Cook the spaghetti as per manufacture’s instruction.
- Keep some water from the cooking and drain the remaining.
- Mean while, heat butter and olive oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and onion and cook for a few minutes until onion turns pinkish.
- Add crushed tomatoes, red chilli flakes, salt and black pepper and cover the pan.
- Cook the tomatoes on low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and heavy cream and cook for another minute.
- Add parmesan cheese, basil leaves and cooked pasta and mix well.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add little water from the reserved water from boiling the pasta if needed to thin the sauce.
- Transfer the pasta in a serving plate.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and basil leaves.
- Serve hot.