Spicy Fish Fry in Andhra style is a delicious and easy to make appetizer recipe. Here is a tried and tested traditional recipe to make it.
Spicy Fish Fry | Andhra Style Fish Fry
Ideal to be served as an appetizer or snack, this Fish Fry is a must try! The marinade for making this Andhra Style Fish Fry is super easy and quick to make. All you need to do is to coat the fish in this flavorful marinade. Then, shallow fry them till golden brown.
The addition of curry leaves and green chilies at the end of the process imparts a wonderful flavor to the dish and I highly recommend them while making Andhra style Fish Fry. Mostly Andhra style cuisine is spicy and Andhraites love eating sizzling curries and peppery accompaniments. That is the reason why Avakaya and this Fish Fry is a sure hit in most of the Andraites’ household.
Though I prepare chicken often, relishing fish-based curries and accompaniments give a completely different kind of satisfaction. I try making this for dinner, sometimes as I am aware that by eating fish one can reduce the chances of heart attacks and even strokes.
So, I am going to eat more fish based dishes and even share those recipes with you all. For today, note down this recipe for preparing scrumptious this Fish Fry and relish it with steamed rice or as a snack!
Spicy Fish Fry
Spicy Fish Fry
- 500 g Fish (Sliced)
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 3 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 3 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Ghee for frying
- 15-20 Curry Leaves
- 3-4 Green Chillies (Slit into half)
- Wash the fish thoroughly and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Mix lemon juice, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and oil in a bowl.
- Add fish pieces and coat each of the piece nicely with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan.
- When the ghee is hot, arrange the fish pieces in the pan and fry from both the sides till golden brown.
- Add curry leaves and green chilies in the pan when the fish is almost done.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges and onion slices.