Thai Squash Fritters are delicious appetizers made using yellow squash and thai red curry paste. These are perfect as holiday appetizers. Here is how to make it.
The holiday season is here and I’m going to host a number of parties at home.
A good appetizer can go a long way to make your party a success.
This time I’ve created a fusion recipe perfect for the holiday parties.
I used fresh & tempting Squash from Divine Flavor to make this colorful and delicious recipe.
Thai Squash Fritters can be made within minutes and are perfectly served along with some sour cream or any dip for that matter.
Thai Squash Fritters are crispy from outside and soft from inside with bold Thai flavors.
The Thai flavor comes from the Thai Red Curry paste which I bought from the supermarket.
It’s just the perfect recipe for your family and friends.
There are various types of squash and pumpkins available in the market, for this recipe I used the yellow squash which is generally available throughout the year in your local vegetable and fruit shop.
Did you know there are more than ten varieties of squash grown all over the world?
The other family of squash includes Acorn Squash, Banana Squash, Buttercup Squash, Carnival Squash, Delicata Squash, Hubbard Squash, Kabocha Squash and probably a few more.
I look forward to including all these varieties in my upcoming recipes, however, for now, let’s see this Yellow Squash Recipe.
Thai Squash Fritters Recipe
- 4 cups Yellow Squash (Peeled and grated)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Cracked Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Mix grated squash with salt and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the squash in a cheese cloth and squeeze to remove all the water.
- Mix all the ingredients except vegetable oil in a bowl.
- Heat a non stick skillet.
- Scoop 2 tbsp of the mixture on the pan and gently press to fatten them a bit.
- Fry until crisp from the bottom side.
- Flip and cook from the other side until browned.
- Serve hot.