Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Full cream milk - 2 cups
- Heavy cream - 4 cups
- Egg yolk - 8
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Vanilla beans - 2 If you don't have vanilla bean, use 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix 2 cups of milk and 1 cup of heavy cream in a pan.
- Heat it on low flame.
- Slit the Vanilla bean and scrape the seeds.
- Add it in the milk and cream mixture.
- Remove from heat once scalded ( Boiled ).
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar with a hand held blender, till it is light and creamy.
- Pour 1 cup of milk and cream that we heated, in the egg yolk slowly and keep whisking while pouring.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the remaining milk and cream mixture slowly.
- Heat this mixture on very low flame till the custard thickens.
- Keep stirring throughout.
- Do not over cook, otherwise the eggs will curdle.
- Cool the custard.
- Once cooled, mix it with the remaining 3 cups of heavy cream.
- Pour the mixture in a bread pan and freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Take out from the freezer and blend in a blender to break all the ice crystals.
- Repeat this process 2 -3 times every 2-3 hours.
- Freeze till set.
- If you have an ice cream maker, just pour the mixture in the bowl and make ice cream as per manufacturer's instruction