This recipe to make Vanilla Pound Cake is one of the best you will come across. It’s moist, dense, and easy to make. Here is how to make it from scratch.
Sweets imply happiness and happiness calls for a celebration.
Indulging ourselves in some mouthwatering, sweet, moist, buttery, and dense cake is the perfect way to celebrate all our small to big achievements in life.
Today, we are going to see the recipe of 60-minute vanilla pound cake which is not only super easy to make but is also extremely tasty.
You can enjoy it with a hot cup of coffee or tea in the evening or you can also prepare it during weekends when your friends are over.
About this recipe
Pound cake is a cake that is traditionally prepared with a pound of each of the four ingredients i.e. flour, sugar, butter, and eggs.
It is generally baked in a bundt mold or a loaf pan.
Over time, the bakers altered the quantity of ingredients used in order to prepare a smaller and lighter version of this cake.
Moreover, in order to enhance the texture and flavor of the cake, additional ingredients and flavors are now being added into the batter.
What is the difference with Sponge Cake?
There are two types of cake: foam cake and butter cake. Sponge cake is a foam cake and pound cake is a butter cake.
The main ingredients used to prepare both the cakes are exactly the same.
The difference is that sponge cake is light and fluffy because we add separately whisked egg whites and yolks and pound cake is dense, firm, and hefty.
What is Vanilla Pound Cake?
It is a soft, moist, buttery, dense, and rich cake that is flavored nicely with vanilla extract and is topped up with some confectioner’s sugar.
The cake is baked in a loaf pan or bundt mold and is cut into thin slices before serving.
Now here are 5 out of the multiple ways in which you can serve this flavorsome vanilla pound cake.
● You can serve the slices of this delectable cake by topping it up with some whipped cream and fresh fruits such as colorful berries, kiwi, and some mint leaves.
● You can also serve these slices in the form of a sandwich. Just spread some Nutella, cream cheese, strawberry or apricot jam, peanut butter, or anything else that spreads easily on the cake slice.
Sprinkle some dry or fresh fruits of your choice and put another cake slice on to the first one to prepare your palatable pound cake sandwich.
● It can also be topped up with the classic combination of chocolate syrup and raspberries and then you can cut it into thick slices before serving.
● You can also top the slices of the cake with a scoop of your favorite ice cream and garnish everything with some almond, walnuts or pistachio flakes.
● Now if you do not wish to use whipped cream, you can always use Greek yogurt instead.
Spread it nicely on the slice, drizzle some honey or maple syrup and finally garnish it with some dry or fresh fruits of your choice.
Can you freeze it?
If you want to store the cake for a longer period of time, you can always freeze it.
Just cut the cake into thick slices and wrap each slice separately with an aluminum foil or a plastic freezer wrap.
Wrap the slices only when the cake has completely cooled down and make sure that it is properly covered from all the sides.
You can store these slices in the freezer and they will remain absolutely fresh for about 4-5 months.
Always remember to take the slices out of the freezer 4-5 hours before using so that the cake can condense completely.
This cake will remain absolutely fresh for 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Can it be made into cupcakes?
Yes, any cake recipe can be converted into cupcakes. No alterations are required neither in the batter nor in the baking temperature.
The difference that comes in, is only in the time for which you bake the cake.
Baking pound cakes take about an hour, whereas, cupcakes would take you around 15-20 minutes only.
7-up Pound Cake
7-up pound cake is prepared in a similar manner as vanilla pound cake.
The difference is that we use yogurt and baking powder while preparing Vanilla Pound Cake, in place of which, we use lime juice and 7-up soda to make 7-up pound cake.
Million Dollar Pound Cake
It is also quite similar to the vanilla pound cake.
The difference is that we use yogurt and baking powder while baking vanilla pound cake, whereas, we use milk and almond essence while preparing a million dollar pound cake.
Sour Cream Pound Cake
In this pound cake, sour cream is added which makes it very moist and gives a nice crumb to the cake. Check out my recipe to Make Sour Cream Pound Cake here.
You might also like
Step by Step Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease and dust a loaf pan. Mix all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and keep aside.
In the bowl of your electric mixer, whisk butter and sugar until light and fluffy. ( Approx 5-6 minutes on medium-high speed ).
Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
Add vanilla extract and mix well.
Add 1/2 of the flour mixture and mix until combined.
Add yogurt and mix until combined.
Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until combined. Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack. Cut into slices and serve.
Vanilla Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cup Fine Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- Pre heat the oven to 350 Degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Grease and dust a loaf pan.
- Mix all purpose flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and keep aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, whisk butter and sugar until light and fluffy. ( Appox 5-6 minutes on medium high speed ).
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Add yogurt and mix until combined.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into slices and serve.