Veg American Chop Suey Recipe is a delicious recipe with veggies, noodles and flavorful sauces! It is a full meal in itself and the crunchy noodles soaking up the sauce tastes exceptional. Here is how to make it.
About This Recipe
Derived from the authentic American recipe of chopsuey that is actually made using pasta and beef, this vegetarian Chinese-Indian version is made in minutes using vegetable and crispy fry noodles.
To make it at home, you need first cook the noodles in water; then deep fry them to them crispy. Quickly stir fry the vegetable of your choice and mix them with the noodles. If you want put a sunny side egg on the top and there you go, the recipe is ready to get served with its sizzling aroma and sauces!
How to make it Non-Veg?
You can easily make the this chopsuey recipe with chicken. All you have to do is add some boiled and shredded chicken along with the veggies. Or you can experiment with other meats as you like.
You might also like
Veg American Chop Suey Recipe
- 100 g Egg Noodles
- 2 and 1/2 tsp Vegetable Oil (plus for deep frying)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger (Finely Chopped)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Garlic (Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 cup Onion (Sliced)
- 1/2 cup Mixed Color peppers (Julienned)
- 1/4 cup Cabbage (Shredded)
- 1/4 cup Carrot (Julienned)
- 1/4 cup Spring Onion Greens (Long Pieces)
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 3 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 3/4 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Red Chilli sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Egg (Optional)
- Boil the noodles as per packet instructions.
- Strain and keep aside.
- Heat oil for frying the noodles in a thick bottomed pan.
- When the oil becomes hot, carefully place the noodles in such a way to form a nest.
- Deep fry the noodles till crisp from both sides.
- Transfer them on to an absorbent paper.
- Let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry them for just 30 secs on high flame.
- Add onions and saute them till translucent.
- Quickly add bell peppers, cabbage and carrots and cook them on medium high flame for 3-4 mins.
- Add spring onion greens.
- Mix well.
- Mix cornflour in 1/8th cup of water and mix well.
- Add all the sauces to the wok.
- Add more tomato sauce if desired as American chopsuey is little tangy and sweet.
- Now add sugar, salt and pepper powder.
- Mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water to the wok and bring it to a boil.
- Add the cornflour water mixture and let the gravy become little bit thick.
- Switch off the flame.
- To make fried egg, heat and grease a griddle pan with oil.
- Carefully break an egg without mixing yolk and white like we do for bull’s eye
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on it.
- When the bottom becomes nicely cooked, remove it on to a plate.
- To assemble the dish, first place the noodles nest without breaking on a plate.
- Pour the gravy with veggies over it.
- Finally place a fried egg on it.
- Serve immediately.