You can savour Vegetable Jalfrezi with Pudina Lachcha Parathas or Naan. They taste super delicious with Vegetable Jalfrezi. But, if you are a big rice fan then relish Vegetable Jalfrezi with a plateful of Zeera Rice, they both taste equally yummy! Make this easy recipe of Vegetable Jalfrezi for those lazy Sunday brunches or weekday dinners. I have just shared its quick recipe with you all, have a look!
Vegetable Jalfrezi / Mixed Vegetables in a Spicy Masala
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cumin Zeera - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 1/2 cup thinly sliced
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Green chili - 2 slit into half
- Tomato puree - 3 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Paneer - 250 g cut into small pieces
- Mixed vegetables - 2 cups I used capsicum, cauliflower, carrot and peas
- Kasuri methi - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds starts to crackle, add onion and fry till slightly browned.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the onions are nicely browned.
- Add green chili, tomato puree and tomato ketchup.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Add 2 tbsp water.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mixed vegetables and cover and cook till done.
- Add paneer, kasuri methi, sugar, lemon juice and fresh cream and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with laccha paratha or Naan.