A combination of sautéed veggies and spicy masala, Vegetable Jalfrezi becomes an ideal main course veggie for lunch or dinner.
I love stocking up veggies in the refrigerator. And as my kiddo loves eating paneer, I even make sure to store it. The other day, I had bought fresh capsicums, cauliflowers, and farm fresh carrots.
I was dying to use them and that’s when the idea of making finger-licking Jalfrezi hit me. So without wasting any time for brainstorming, I instantly took out some frozen peas, paneer and added them to the motley of veggies.
Can you believe it, piping hot, delicious vegetarian curry was ready within no time! Not only the dinner for the day got sorted, but my family loved it so much that they wished me to make it every week for them.
You might also like
Vegetable Jalfrezi / Mixed Vegetables in a Spicy Masala
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Cumin/ Zeera
- ½ teaspoon Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 2 Green chili (slit into half)
- 3 tablespoon Tomato puree
- 2 tablespoon Tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 250 gms Paneer (cut into small pieces)
- 2 cups Mixed vegetables (I used capsicum, cauliflower, carrot and peas)
- 1 tablespoon Kasuri methi
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Fresh cream
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds starts to crackle, add onion and fry till slightly browned.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the onions are nicely browned.
- Add green chili, tomato puree and tomato ketchup.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Add 2 tablespoon water.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mixed vegetables and cover and cook till done.
- Add paneer, kasuri methi, sugar, lemon juice and fresh cream and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with laccha paratha or Naan.