Whole Wheat Honey Pancakes with Flax Seeds are a great breakfast option, healthy and filling. Flax seeds makes them even healthier. Here is how to make it.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and although it must be healthy and nourishing, it has to be tasty too. Don’t you agree with this? Pancakes are a breakfast option that are loved by kids and when made with whole wheat and no refined sugar checks all the necessary boxes for a healthy and nourishing breakfast.
Wholewheat Honey Pancakes are healthy and filling, and adding flax seeds to them takes their nourishment up a notch. I have made the regular pancakes very often, but this is the first time I added honey and flax seeds, and they add a wonderful taste.
For other variations on pancakes, try the Easy Homemade Pancakes too. Pancakes can be a great alternative for kid’s lunch boxes, apart from the regular idlis and dosas. Since they are sweet, they get gobbled up quickly. Don;t trust me? Make it yourself and see 🙂
Adding fruits or nuts during the making process also gives children their adequate dose of nutrition. Here is how to make Whole Wheat Honey Pancakes with Flax Seeds.
Whole Wheat Honey Pancakes
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- 3 tablespoon Flax seeds (Roasted and Powdered )
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Buttermilk (If Buttermilk is not available, take 1 cup milk and add a few drops of lemon into it and keep aside for 5 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Butter (For cooking)
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to make a lump free batter.
- Take a small non stick pan and grease it with butter.
- Heat the pan over medium flame.
- Pour 2 ladle full batter in to the pan and cover the pan.
- Flip the pancake once it is slightly browned from the bottom.
- Cook the other side as well.
- Remove on a plate.
- Make all the pancakes in the same manner.
- Drizzle with honey or any other sauce of your choice and garnish with fresh fruits and nuts.
- Serve warm.