3 ingredients and 10 minutes is all you need to make these quick and easy Za’atar Pita Chips. Here is how to make it.
About This Recipe
These highly addictive Middle Eastern Za’atar Pita Chips needs just 3 ingredients – pita bread, za’atar spice mix and olive oil. They are easy to make and so much tastier than the store bought chips.
Munch on these chips with Tzatziki sauce, hummus of your choice or add it over your salads. You can double or triple the recipe for a bigger crowd.
Pita bread – You can either make pita bread at home or use a store bought one.
Za’atar spice mix – I prefer to make za’atar spice mix at home, as it is fresh, prepared with high quality ingredients and is free of artificial colours and preservatives. If you are short on time, you can use a good quality packaged za’atar spice mix as well.
Olive oil – Use a good quality one!
Serve Za’atar pita chips along with yogurt mayonnaise dip, tzatziki sauce or hummus of your choice. You can select from hurda hummus, sweet potato hummus, pumpkin hummus, edamame hummus, roasted red pepper hummus, black bean hummus, classic hummus and roasted beet hummus.
You can even sprinkle it over a salad such as fattoush salad.
These za’atar pita chips will easily last for about a week or two, when stored in an air tight container at room temperature.
Some more easy snacks recipes for you:
Za’tar Pita Chips
- 4 Pita Bread
- 2 tablespoon Za’atar Spice Mix
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Pre heat the oven to 150 degree C on Grill mode.
- Cut the pita bread into half horizontally.
- Now cut it into small, chips size pieces.
- Arrange the pita bread pieces on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Brush the pita with olive oil.
- Sprinkle Za’atar on top of pita bread.
- Grill the chips for 10-12 minutes, till they are slightly browned and crisp.
- Remove from the oven.
- Cool and serve with any salsa or dip of your choice.