With Za’atar Spiced Pita Chips, my hunt for a very quick and easy to make snack, which is perfect to nibble on while we spend some good quality time with friends and family has come to an end. Za’atar Spiced Pita Chips are super easy to make and saves a lot of time in kitchen which makes me more productive. Pita bread are very easily available these days in most supermarkets, so it’s only a matter of few minutes and you have a brilliant snack to serve. To give the chips a burst of flavours, I have sprinkled them with Za’atar spice mix which is a Mediterranean spice and is also easily available these days. If in case you are not able to get it, just sprinkle the chips with any flavouring of your choice.
I served the Za’atar Spiced Pita Chips with a Mango Salsa and they paired very well together. You can serve it with any dip or salsa of your choice. Pair it with Adrak Wali Chai during high tea or arrange a cooler party and relish Za’atar Spiced Pita Chips as the sides, these crunchy things taste so yummy that I cannot describe my feelings in words. Now grab a pen and start scribbling my simple recipe for Za’atar Spiced Pita Chips, there you go:
Za’atar Spiced Pita Chips
Za’atar spiced Pita Chips
- Pita bread
- Za'atar spice mix
- Olive Oil
- Pre heat the oven to 150 degree C on Grill mode.
- Cut the pita bread into half horizontaly.
- Now cut it into small, chips size pieces.
- Arrange the pita bread pieces on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Brush the pita with olive oil.
- Sprinkle Za'atar on top of pita bread.
- Grill the chips for 10-12 minutes, till they are slightly browned and crisp.
- Remove from the oven.
- Cool and serve with any salsa or dip of your choice.
- You can also store the Pita chips for a few days in an airtight container after they have cooled properly.
Use this recipe to make Za’atar spice mix yourself.