Zaffrani Pilaf is a mildly flavored saffron rice that is the perfect foil to rich curries. Basmati rice when cooked with saffron and other spices taste beautiful and makes for the perfect rice dish when the family gets together. This Zaffrani Pilaf is super easy to make and is a sure shot winner. Serve it with Shalgam Gosht or Mutton Curry, vegetarian Achari Chole or any other curry of your choice. These will only serve to enhance the taste of the dish.
I personally like eating Zaffrani Pilaf, because it tastes simply delicious, plus the flavours of rice and the other ingredients used in this dish blend along so well that you just cannot stop eating it! Do prepare Zaffrani Pilaf for the new year’s party or even casually, I recommend. Here’s its recipe, for your reference, try it out and tweet me your feedback or drop a comment on my Facebook Page: WhiskAffair
Equipment Required – Heavy Bottom Pan
Zaffrani Pilaf / Saffron Rice
- Long grain Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Saffron - a pinch
- Milk - 2 tbsp hot
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cloves - 6-7
- Black cardamom - 3-4
- Black peppercorns - 8-10
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 2 tsp
- Yellow food color - A pinch
- Wash and soak the rice for 1/2 an hour.
- Soak saffron in milk.
- Add ghee in a pan.
- When the ghee is hot, add cloves, black cardamom and peppercorns.
- Cook for 20 seconds.
- Drain the rice and add it in the pan.
- Add a little less then 2 cups of water.
- Add salt and vinegar.
- Cover and cook on low heat till rice is 90% done.
- Sprinkle the saffron soaked milk and a pinch of yellow food color on top.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes on low heat.
- Fluff the rice with a fork.
- Serve hot with any curry of your choice.