I was not surprised to find out that the combination of milk and corn worked liked wonders for Zucchini and Corn Chowder. This soup didn’t turn out too much creamy nor it was too bland! It was just perfect to be savoured before dinner.
With the splash of monsoon all set and arrived, it is nothing but obvious that one tends to crave to relish piping hot delicacies and feel cozy during this chilled climate by eating right kind of diet.
Though I like kebabs, I cannot deny that I feel like eating something healthier, so I prefer making soup for dinner during monsoons. Zucchini and Corn Chowder is one such soup that fits my criteria.
Chowder is usually a kind of soup that is made using milk or cream and it can be made dense by using a variety of crackers. With freshly cracked pepper, parsley and veggies like celery, carrots, zucchini, corn by my side, I didn’t have to think twice before making Zucchini and Corn Chowder.
Make Zucchini and Corn Chowder if you are dying to try a new kind of soup and don’t feel surprised if you feel like relishing it again and again. I would leave you with its simple recipe, there you go:
Step by Step Recipe to make Zucchini and Corn Chowder
Heat Olive oil in a pan
Add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes
Add celery, carrots and corn and cook for another minute
Add vegetable stock and thyme and cook for 5-6 minutes
Add Zucchini and cook for another minute
Let it cool for some time
Add mixture in a blender and blend to make a course puree and add milk, peppercorn and cook for a minute; garnish and serve hot.
Zucchini and Corn Chowder Recipe
Zucchini and Corn Chowder
Zucchini and Corn Chowder is a creamy soup loaded with veggies and basic spices. It can be served just before dinner or can be sipped during supper!
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Onion Chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic Chopped
- 2 stalks Celery Chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots Chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cup Fresh corn kernels
- 3 cups Vegetable stock
- 5-6 sprigs Thyme
- 1 cup Zucchini Cubed
- 1 cup Milk
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp Fresh parsley Chopped
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add celery, carrots and corn and cook for another minute.
- Add vegetable stock and thyme and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook for another minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it cool.
- Add the mixture in a blender and blend to make a coarse puree.
- Add the puree back in the pan.
- Add milk, salt and black pepper and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve hot with a slice of whole wheat bread.