Cajun Potatoes with Chilli Mayonnaise Dip is one of the most satiating starters that I have ever eaten! Grilled Cajun Potatoes drizzled with a creamy Mayonnaise dressing, oh, they are so lip-smacking! Here is how to make these.
For the first time, I had tasted Cajun Potatoes at Barbeque Nation, one of the most popular barbeque chains in India. Although Barbeque Nation is more famous for the amazing grilled meats and prawns, this vegetarian dish stole my heart!
Now, whenever I go to the Barbeque Nation, I make sure to gobble down a few servings before I head on to my meats. After eating Cajun Potatoes many times over the last few years, I decided to give them a try at home and the result was quite encouraging. Super easy and quick to make, these starters take care of many parties and get-togethers that we throw at our home.
Sometimes, I even prepare them for supper or a starter for our grand weekend dinners. Cajun Potatoes just rejuvenates us and after relishing them we feel just so happy for having eating something this delicious!
I even prepare Cajun Potatoes with Chilli Mayonnaise Dip to treat myself, it is such a luxury to sit in a cosy nook and munch on these yummy things, I tell you!
Super simple to prepare at home, Cajun Potatoes totally deserve a place in your food diary, go ahead and bookmark its recipe! A recipe to make best cajun seasoning at home is here.
Cajun Potatoes Recipe
Cajun Potatoes is an easy to make snack where baby potatoes are fried till crisp and served with home made cajun spice mix.
- 1 kg Baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice mix Recipe here
- Oil for frying
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 2 tbsp Spring onion greens chopped
Wash the potatoes and boil them in a pan or pressure cooker along with 2 tsp salt
- Drain the water.
- Smash the potatoes using a potato masher.
- Deep fry the smashed potatoes till crisp.
- Remove the potatoes on the serving platter lined with kitchen tissue.
- Sprinkle cajun spice mix on the potatoes and mix well.
- Mix mayonnaise, fresh cream, red chili powder and roasted cumin powder in a bowl and whisk well.
- Top the potatoes with the mayonnaise dip and spring onion greens.
- Serve hot.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.