Clear Chicken Soup has smaller, shredded pieces of chicken which It is neither too heavy on the stomach nor it is too light. Serve it hot.Here is how to make clear chicken soup.
There has never been a working day where I have not tried a new dish or read something new about world cuisines. I wake up every morning with the intention to share a different or out of the box recipe with my Whisk Affair community.
However, there are obviously days when I fall sick or not in my best form. That’s when a simple meal of soups such as Tomato Basil Soup and Barley and Vegetable Soup recharge me and help me in walking extra miles.
The other day, when I was feeling slightly weak, I made a bowl of Clear Chicken Soup for myself and right from its first morsel, I started to rejuvenate. My kid told me that Clear Chicken Soup is like a magical potion which instantly made me feel better, ha!
Not too elaborate, Clear Chicken Soup just needs basic ingredients like chicken with bones on, onion, garlic, carrot for making it! It can be flavoured using bay leaf, thyme, freshly cracked black pepper and some salt.
Clear Chicken Soup has smaller, shredded pieces of chicken which you can easily devour. Also, as this soup is not too spicy, it is perfect to be served to family members whenever they feel sick.
It is neither too heavy on the stomach nor it is too light. It is both filling and wholesome. So, make sure to relish Clear Chicken Soup while you tug your blanket during sickness or without a rhyme or reason! Scribble down its easy recipe:
You might also like
Clear Chicken Soup Recipe
Clear Chicken Soup
Clear Chicken Soup has smaller, shredded pieces of chicken which It is neither too heavy on the stomach nor it is too light. Serve it hot.
- 300 g Chicken with bones
- 1/4 cup Onion Chopped
- 3-4 cloves Garlic Smashed
- 1/4 cup Carrot Chopped
- 2 Bay leaf
- 2-3 sprigs Thyme
- 4 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Cracked black pepper
- Wash the chicken and add it in a pressure cooker along with onion, garlic, carrot, bay leaf, thyme and water.
- Add salt and freshly cracked black pepper and pressure cook until one whistle on high heat.
- Simmer the heat and cook for 10-12 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the pressure cooker from heat.
- Let the pressure release and then open the cooker.
- Strain the soup using a soup strainer.
- Take out the chicken pieces and shred them into small pieces discarding the bones.
- Add few shredded pieces in each serving bowl and pour the clear soup on top.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve hot.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffairon Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.