Chilli Mango BBQ Chicken is an inviting mango and chicken based dish that is served with steamed rice and various sauces. Here is how to make it.
Mango apart from being the king of fruits has this exclusivity about it which makes it more tempting! Mainly because it arrives just once in a year, I eagerly wait for this fruit so that I can experiment with it as an ingredient with various others and create something finger-licking out of it.
When it comes to a quick snack, I make sure to prepare Mango Mint Paneer Tikka every season but this time, I thought of levelling it up! All in the mood for relishing something BBQ-ish, I ended up making Chilli Mango BBQ Chicken and guess what, we even invited our neighbours cum friends and had a gala time over this sizzling treat.
As I am always meticulous about the ingredients and their health quotient, most of the time, I use nothing but olive oil to prepare a majority of the meals. I did the same while making Chilli Mango BBQ Chicken.
With all the sauces available at home, I could manage the grilling process of chicken within no time. As I even baked the chicken after grilling it, it got nicely browned and crisp.
My kiddo feasted on Chilli Mango BBQ Chicken as it is while for us adults, I made some steamed rice and served it along with Chilli Mango BBQ Chicken, the combo turned out to be a super hit.
If you have some ripe mangoes still at home and you are confused about making something out of it, well then, Chilli Mango BBQ Chicken is the name! Do read its recipe, share it with your friends and have a superb time:
Chilli Mango BBQ Chicken Recipe
Chilli Mango BBQ Chicken
Chilli Mango BBQ Chicken is an inviting mango and chicken based dish that is served with steamed rice and various sauces.
- 3-4 Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 3-4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 inch Ginger Chopped
- 1 cup Ripe Mango Peeled and chopped
- 2-3 Red chilli
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add mango, tomato ketchup, sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and red chilli and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and cook for a minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Blend the mixture to make a smooth sauce.
- Add chicken breast in the sauce and let it marinate for 10-12 hours in refrigerator.
- Heat a grill pan.
- Arrange the chicken breast on the grill pan and grill from both the sides to sear the juice for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Arrange the chicken breast on the baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Flip the side and bake again for 20-25 minutes until chicken is done is slightly browned.
- Baste the chicken breast with the remaining marinade 2-3 times during the process of grilling.
- Heat the remaining marinade with little water to make a sauce.
- Serve the chicken over steamed rice.
- Pour the sauce on top.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.