Custard Rasgulla is a delicious fusion dessert where rasgullas are dunked in custard sauce. Make it this festive season using my easy recipe (vegetarian).
About This Recipe
Custard Rasgulla is a fusion dessert where juicy rasgullas are added to a creamy homemade custard sauce and garnished with slivered nuts.
If you have ready rasgullas at home, this dessert comes together in just 20 minutes. Custard rasgulla is a great make-ahead dessert for a bigger crowd.
Serve it festivals like Holi, Diwali, Rakshabandhan, or any other Indian festivals. You can also make it for special occasions, house parties, or weekend desserts.
This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled as per your requirement.
Milk – Use whole milk (full-fat milk) to make this dessert. It will give you a rich and creamy texture.
Custard Powder – You can either use homemade custard powder or buy a box.
Rasgulla – I used store-bought rasgulla to quicken the process but you can definitely make them at home.
Sugar – Adjust according to your taste and preference.
Custard Rasgulla will easily last for 4-6 days when stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use a clean spoon for every use, this will ensure that it lasts longer.
You Might Also Like
Custard Rasgulla Recipe
- 500 milliliters whole milk (full-fat milk) (divided)
- 5 tablespoons custard powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 8-10 rasgulla (or 20-25 mini rasgulla, squeezed and cut into small pieces)
- Take ½ cup of milk in a bowl and add custard powder to it.
- Mix well to make a lump-free mixture.
- Heat the remaining milk in a pan over medium heat.
- Add sugar and cook until it dissolves, stirring frequently.
- Add the custard mixture to the pan slowly and keep whisking throughout.
- Cook on medium heat until the mixture thickens, stirring continuously to prevent the formation of lumps.
- Once the custard has thickened, remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the chopped rasgulla to the custard sauce and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a cling wrap to avoid the formation of a cream layer on top.
- Cool the custard completely.
- Chill it for 3-4 hours.
- Garnish with slivered nuts and halved mini rasgullas and serve chilled.