Make your favorite cafe-style chocolate sandwich at home using just 5 ingredients in 10 minutes. This dessert sandwich is a must-try recipe for all chocolate lovers. Here is how to make it.
About This Recipe
Chocolate sandwich is an Instagram-worthy dessert sandwich, where bread slices are stuffed with dark chocolate, walnuts, and chocolate syrup and grilled until the chocolate melts inside the sandwich making it irresistible.
The sandwich is later topped with ice cream, banana, more shredded chocolate, and chocolate syrup.
If you are someone who loves chocolate, then just one bite of this chocolate sandwich will take you to a food coma. It is quick, easy and a perfect dessert to make when you want something asap.
It is a great weekend treat for your kids and you can even indulge them in making it a weekend activity, as it is super easy to prepare.
This Chocolate Sandwich is,
- Loaded with chocolate
- Easy + Quick
- A quick dessert
- Just like the cafe one
Bread – I would suggest you use white sandwich bread or milk bread slices, as I feel they taste the best when used for this sandwich. They are soft, have a slightly sweet taste, and become really crispy when grilled. Brioche is another great option too.
You can also use other bread options such as brown bread, whole wheat bread, or multigrain bread, but the taste won’t be as good as the white bread one.
Butter – Use unsalted butter to grill the sandwiches.
For Stuffing – To stuff the bread slices, we will need dark chocolate, walnuts, and chocolate syrup.
You can use other chocolate options such as milk chocolate or white chocolate. I prefer to use dark chocolate for its beautiful color and unique taste.
Add in walnuts for a delicious crunch in the creamy chocolate stuffing. You can also use other nuts such as almonds, cashews, pistachios, or a mix of dry fruits to add to the sandwich.
For Topping – I like to keep it simple but you can top the sandwich with ice cream, sliced banana, shredded chocolate, and chocolate syrup.
You can either go for vanilla ice cream, coffee ice cream, or a chocolate one.
Finally, finish it off with shredded chocolate and some more chocolate syrup. I would recommend you go for a good quality chocolate syrup, for the best taste and creamy texture.
Maybe try other fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, mango, peaches, or any other fruit that you prefer or in season.
How to make Chocolate Sandwich?
Chop 1.3 oz (50 g) dark chocolate into small pieces. I did not do that and my chocolate took time to melt.
Keep one bread slice on a board and spread half of the dark chocolate over it.
Drizzle 2 tablespoon chocolate syrup and sprinkle 2 tablespoon chopped toasted walnuts on top.
Cover with another bread slice.
Slather butter on both sides (1 teaspoon on each side) of the sandwich. Make the other sandwich in the same manner.
Grill the sandwiched until browned and crispy in a sandwich griller or on a skillet over stove top.
Top with ice cream scoop, chocolate syrup, shredded chocolate, and sliced banana and serve warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can either grill the sandwich on a grill pan over the stove top or in a sandwich maker, until it is nice and crispy or golden brown in colour. If grilling it in a grill pan, do it over low heat so that it turns out perfectly crispy.
Serve chocolate sandwich on its own as a dessert after your weekend meals or give it to your kids for lunch as a weekend treat. You can also treat them with this sandwich as an after-school snack.
You might also like
Chocolate Sandwich Recipe
- 4 white bread slices
- 1.3 ounces (50 g) dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons toasted chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- ice cream (as required)
- chocolate syrup (as required)
- shredded chocolate (as required)
- sliced canana (as required)
- Chop 1.3 oz (50 g) dark chocolate into small pieces. I did not do that and my chocolate took time to melt.
- Keep one bread slice on a board and spread half of the dark chocolate over it.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoon chocolate syrup and sprinkle 2 tablespoon chopped toasted walnuts on top.
- Cover with another bread slice.
- Slather butter on both sides (1 teaspoon on each side) of the sandwich.
- Make the other sandwich in the same manner.
- Grill the sandwiched until browned and crispy in a sandwich griller or on a skillet over the stovetop. Cut into half using a sharp serrated knife.
- Top with ice cream scoop, chocolate syrup, shredded chocolate, and sliced banana and serve warm.