Let’s make Gigi Hadid’s Spicy Vodka Pasta which went viral on Instagram and TikTok. It is creamy, and spicy and tastes just like one from a posh restaurant (vegetarian).
Here are a few more pasta recipes that you may like – Chicken Florentine Pasta, Olive Tapenade Pasta, White Sauce Pasta, Jambalaya Pasta, Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta, and Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Pasta.
About Gigi Hadid Pasta
Gigi Hadid, the popular American model, posted this pasta recipe on her Instagram story in 2020 and the recipe went viral.
Her pasta recipe is rich, creamy, spicy, and loaded with flavors. When she posted the viral recipe on Instagram, she was secretly pregnant, so she left out the vodka, but mentioned in the notes when to add it.
This popular pasta dish can be made with or without vodka and tastes just phenomenal. You can also play around and add veggies or meat of your choice to it.
Gigi Hadid Pasta recipe is restaurant quality, easy to make, and needs simple pantry ingredients.
Serve it on its own for a comforting dinner or with a side of homemade bread, garlic bread, or bruschetta for a delicious brunch.
This Gigi Hadid Pasta recipe can be easily doubled or tripled too.
Pasta – Gigi Hadid used shell pasta for this recipe. You can go ahead and choose any pasta you prefer – spaghetti, penne, fusilli, etc.
To make this dish gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta. All the other ingredients are gluten-free.
Oil – Use good quality extra virgin olive oil for the best taste.
Vodka – You can use any vodka for this pasta. You can even omit it from the recipe, and the pasta still tastes so good.
Tomato Paste – It gives a lot of flavor to the pasta.
Red Onions – Gigi used red onions, but shallots, yellow or white onions work fine too.
Garlic – A must ingredient that adds so much flavor and aroma to the pasta.
Heavy Cream and Parmesan Cheese – The addition of these two makes the pasta so rich and creamy,
Red Pepper Flakes – You can adjust the quantity to suit your taste buds.
Basil – Choose fresh green basil leaves for the best taste and aroma.
Others – You will also need salted butter, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper.
How To Make Gigi Hadid Pasta
Cook The Pasta
Heat 8 cups of water in a large pasta pot over high heat.
Once the water comes to a boil, add 2 tablespoon salt and 1 lb (500g) shell pasta and stir gently.
Cook for 7 minutes or until the pasta is cooked Al Dente (just cooked).
Drain the water (reserve 1 cup).
Make The Sauce
While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
Add ½ cup extra virgin olive oil to a large pan and heat it over medium heat.
Once the oil is hot, add 1 cup of chopped onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add 2 teaspoon minced garlic and cook for another minute.
Now add ½ cup of tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
Add ¼ cup of vodka (if using) and cook for 1 minute. To make this dish without vodka simply omit this step.
Add 1 cup of unsweetened heavy cream and 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute, stirring often until the sauce thickens.
Finally, add in your pasta, ½ cup of pasta water, and 2 tablespoon salted butter and stir until the butter is melted and the pasta is coated completely with the sauce.
Add some more pasta water if the sauce looks thick.
Stir in ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper.
Taste for salt and pepper and add more if needed.
Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Definitely, yes! This pasta is restaurant-quality pasta and is so easy to make at home using basic ingredients.
You can just omit the vodka, and follow the remaining instructions. It tastes absolutely delicious even without vodka.
This pasta recipe is definitely an indulgent one, but you can surely make it healthier.
1. Reduce the olive oil to 1-2 tablespoons.
2. Skip the butter.
3. Replace the heavy cream with half and half.
4. Use whole wheat pasta instead.
You can add grilled chicken or shrimp to add in some protein. If you are a vegetarian, feel free to add veggies of your choice to make this pasta filling & wholesome.
Serve Gigi Hadid Pasta on its own for a comforting weeknight dinner, or serve it with homemade bread, garlic bread, bruschetta, soup, or salad for a weekend brunch.
It is also a great pasta dish to serve for potlucks, birthdays, or house parties.
Leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 3 days, in the fridge. Reheat it in a pan over the stove top with a splash of milk or cream, to loosen up the sauce a bit.
You Might Also Like
Gigi Hadid Spicy Vodka Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound dried shell pasta (500 g)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup vodka
- 1 cup unsweetened heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- fresh basil (chopped, as required)
Cook The Pasta
- Heat 8 cups of water in a large pasta pot over high heat.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add 2 tablespoons of salt and shell pasta and stir gently.
- Cook for 7 minutes or until the pasta is cooked Al Dente (just cooked).
- Drain the water (reserve 1 cup).
Make The Sauce
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
- Add olive oil to a large pan and heat it over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Now add tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add vodka (if using) and cook for 1 minute. To make this dish without vodka simply omit this step.
- Add heavy cream and pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute, stirring often until the sauce thickens.
- Finally, add in your pasta, ½ cup of pasta water, and butter and stir until the butter is melted and the pasta is coated completely with the sauce.
- Add some more pasta water if the sauce looks thick.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Taste for salt and pepper and add if needed. Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.