Let’s make Gigi Hadid’s Spicy Pasta (With or Without Vodka), which went viral on Instagram and TikTok. It is creamy and spicy and tastes just like one from a posh restaurant (vegetarian).
About Gigi Hadid Pasta
Gigi Hadid, the popular American supermodel, posted this pasta recipe on her Instagram story and tiktok in 2020, which went viral.
Her pasta recipe is rich, creamy, spicy, and loaded with flavors. It is very similar to Penne Alla Vodka, only more flavorful.
When she posted the viral recipe on social media, she was secretly pregnant, so she left out the vodka but mentioned when to add it in the notes.
This popular pasta dish can be made with or without vodka and tastes phenomenal. You can also play around and add veggies or meat to it.
Gigi Hadid Pasta recipe is restaurant quality, easy to make, and needs simple pantry ingredients. It has become my new favorite pasta dish to serve my whole family.
Serve it with garlic bread or bruschetta for a comforting dinner or a delicious brunch.
This viral Gigi Hadid Pasta recipe can be easily doubled or tripled too.
Here are a few more pasta recipes
- Chicken Florentine Pasta
- Olive Tapenade Pasta
- White Sauce Pasta
- Jambalaya Pasta
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Pasta
- Haitian Spaghetti
- Chicken Penne Alla Vodka
- Outback Mac And Cheese
- Tuscan Chicken Mac And Cheese
Pasta – Gigi Hadid used shell pasta for this recipe, however, you can choose any pasta shape – spaghetti, penne pasta, fusilli, etc.
To make this dish gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta. All the other ingredients are gluten-free.
Oil – Use good quality extra virgin olive oil for the best taste.
Vodka – You can use any vodka for this pasta. You can also omit it from the recipe; the pasta still tastes so good.
Vodka imparts a mild acidic note to the dish, which enhances its flavor. However, you can easily replicate this sour taste by combining equal amounts of lemon or lime juice with either apple or grape juice. This mixture can be an excellent substitute for vodka in your recipe, providing a similar taste profile without the alcohol content.
Tomato Paste – It gives a lot of flavor to the pasta.
Red Onions – Gigi used red onion, but shallots, yellow onion, or white onion work fine too.
Garlic – A must ingredient that adds so much flavor and aroma to the pasta.
Heavy Cream and Parmesan Cheese – The addition of these two makes the pasta so rich and creamy,
Red Pepper Flakes – You can adjust the quantity to suit your taste buds.
Basil – Choose fresh basil leaves for the best taste and aroma.
Others – You will also need salted butter, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper to make Gigi Hadid’s spicy vodka pasta recipe.
How To Make Gigi Hadid Pasta
Cook The Pasta
Heat 8 cups of water in a large pasta pot over high heat.
Once the water boils, add 2 tablespoon salt and 1 lb (500g) pasta shells and stir gently.
Cook for 7 minutes or until the pasta is cooked Al Dente (just cooked). You can also follow the package instructions to cook the pasta.
Drain the water (reserve 1 cup).
Make The Spicy Vodka Sauce
While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
Add ½ cup extra virgin olive oil to a large saucepan and heat it over medium heat.
Once the oil is hot, add 1 cup of chopped onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add 2 teaspoon minced garlic and cook for another minute.
Now add ½ cup of tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
Add ¼ cup of vodka (if using) and cook for 1 minute. To make this dish without vodka, skip this step.
Add 1 cup of unsweetened heavy cream and 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute or until the creamy tomato sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
Finally, add cooked pasta, ½ cup of reserved pasta water, and 2 tablespoon salted butter and stir until the butter is melted and the pasta is coated entirely with the sauce.
Add some more pasta water if the sauce looks thick.
Stir in ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper.
Taste for salt and pepper and add more if needed.
Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Definitely, yes! This pasta is restaurant-quality and easy to make at home using basic ingredients.
You can omit the vodka and follow the remaining instructions. It tastes absolutely delicious, even without vodka.
You can also replicate the sour taste of vodka by combining equal amounts of lemon or lime juice with either apple or grape juice.
This pasta recipe is definitely an indulgent one, but you can surely make it healthier.
1. Reduce the olive oil to 1-2 tablespoons.
2. Skip the butter.
3. Replace the heavy cream with half and half.
4. Use whole wheat pasta instead.
You can add grilled chicken or shrimp to add in some protein. If you are a vegetarian, feel free to add veggies of your choice to make this pasta filling & wholesome.
Yes, you can. Replace heavy cream with cashew cream, dairy butter with vegan butter, and parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast.
Serve it for a comforting weeknight dinner or with homemade bread, garlic bread, bruschetta, soup, or salad for a weekend brunch.
It is also a great pasta dish for potlucks, birthdays, or house parties.
You can top it with homemade pangrattato for a lovely crunch.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Reheat it in a pan over the stove top with a splash of milk or cream to loosen up the sauce.
You Might Also Like
Gigi Hadid Spicy Pasta Recipe (With Or Without Vodka)
- 1 pound dried shell pasta (500 g)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup vodka
- 1 cup unsweetened heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- fresh basil (chopped, as required)
Cook The Pasta
- Heat 8 cups of water in a large pasta pot over high heat.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add 2 tablespoons of salt and shell pasta and stir gently.
- Cook for 7 minutes or until the pasta is cooked Al Dente (just cooked).
- Drain the water (reserve 1 cup).
Make The Sauce
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
- Add olive oil to a large pan and heat it over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Now add tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add vodka (if using) and cook for 1 minute. To make this dish without vodka simply skip this step.
- Add heavy cream and pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
- Finally, add in your pasta, ½ cup of pasta water, and butter and stir until the butter is melted and the pasta is coated completely with the sauce.
- Add some more pasta water if the sauce looks thick.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Taste for salt and pepper and add if needed. Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.