Thandai Kheer is a dessert version of thandai, where full cream milk is cooked with rice and mixed with homemade Thandai Masala Powder. Here is how to make Thandai Kheer.
A milk-based summer drink, Thandai is synonymous with the festival of colors, Holi. Celebrated all over India, the festival is a riot up North. This special festive treat gets its time in the sun, either just as Thandai, a sweet dish of Thandai Phirni or Saffron infused Kesar Thandai.
Thandai Kheer is a dessert version of thandai, where full cream milk is cooked with rice and mixed with homemade Thandai Masala Powder and garnished with dry fruits for a great sweet dish after the festivities.
This dessert is also great for hot summers, since the spices added to it, help in cooling down the body considerably.
The thandai masala powder has a host of nutritious benefits, pepper, cardamom enhance the flavor, while dry fruits add an interesting texture. Make this addictive dessert in a jiffy for extremely hot summer months. Here is how to make Thandai Kheer.
- 1 litre Full cream milk
- 4 tablespoon Short Grain Rice (Washed and soaked for 30 minutes)
- 3 tablespoon Thandai Masala powde
- ¼ cup Sugar
- Dry fruits for garnishing
- Heat milk in a pan.
- When it comes to a boil, add rice and thandai masala powder.
- Cook on low heat till kheer thickens.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Add sugar and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with slivers of almonds and pistachios.
- Serve hot or chilled.