Motichoor Rabri Parfait is a modern take on traditional Indian desserts. Make this simple to amke pparfait this Diwali and impress your friends and family. Here is how to make it.
Diwali is just round the corner, this festival of Lights is something special for all Indians. It’s an occasion to remove the darkness and bring light into our lives and homes, to renew our bonds with friends and family and to brighten the world around.
We have celebrated this festival with much fanfare all years through. I love cooking and for every festival make special recipes. My friends & family love these recipes that I make for them. I remember the times when my mother used to make all the sweets for Diwali and me and my sisters used to distribute them in the neighborhood and enjoy the treats to our heart’s content.
My favorite used to be Motichoor Ke Laddu and I used to look forward to them on Diwali.
This Diwali is again going to be special as after a lot of years our family will be together for Diwali. My sister is flying down to meet us for Diwali all the way from USA. I’m looking forward to celebrate this Diwali once again by recreating the magic using Motichoor Ke Laddu.
Incidentally I realize that she is taking Lufthansa flight directly to Bangalore and they will serve amazing Laddus in their in-flight Diwali menu, so the celebration is going to start en-route for her. I’m using the Motichoor Ke Laddu to make Motichoor Rabri Parfait.
Motichoor Rabdi Parfait Recipe
Motichoor Rabri Parfait
Motichoor Rabri Parfait is a modern take on traditional Indian desserts. Make this simple to amke pparfait this Diwali and impress your friends and family.
- 6 Motichoor ke ladoo
- 1 litre Full cream milk
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar You can adjust the sugar according to your liking
- Almond and pistachio slivers for garnishing
- Heat full cream milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- When the milk comes to a rolling boil, simmer the heat and let it cook on low heat till it is reduced to half.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar and cook again till the milk is thickened and has reduced to almost 1/4th of the original quantity.
- Remove the rabdi from heat and let it cool completely.
- Crumble the ladoos and make a layer of motichoor in shot glasses.
- Pour rabdi on top.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers.
- Make all the parfaits in the same manner.
- Chill in refrigerator for 6-8 hours before serving.
- If you like your Rabdi smooth like me, you can churn it once in a blender.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.
*Please note this post may have affiliate links.