Motichoor Rabri Parfait is a modern take on traditional Indian desserts. Make this simple to amke pparfait this Diwali and impress your friends and family. Here is how to make it.
Diwali is just round the corner, this festival of Lights is something special for all Indians. It’s an occasion to remove the darkness and bring light into our lives and homes, to renew our bonds with friends and family and to brighten the world around.
My favorite dessert for Diwali used to be Motichoor Ke Laddu and I used to look forward to them on Diwali. I’m using the Motichoor Ke Laddu to make Motichoor Rabri Parfait.
Motichoor Rabri Parfait
- 6 Motichoor ke ladoo
- 1 litre Full cream milk
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar (You can adjust the sugar according to your liking)
- Almond and pistachio slivers for garnishing
- Heat full cream milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- When the milk comes to a rolling boil, simmer the heat and let it cook on low heat till it is reduced to half.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar and cook again till the milk is thickened and has reduced to almost 1/4th of the original quantity.
- Remove the rabdi from heat and let it cool completely.
- Crumble the ladoos and make a layer of motichoor in shot glasses.
- Pour rabdi on top.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers.
- Make all the parfaits in the same manner.
- Chill in refrigerator for 6-8 hours before serving.
- If you like your Rabdi smooth like me, you can churn it once in a blender.