Delicately herbed and beautifully flavored Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes makes for a wonderful holiday meal. Made specially during Christmas and Thanksgiving, this dish flavored with tender rosemary and mixed with roasted garlic and butter is an interesting side for meats and meat dishes. Enjoy it with sizzlers or steaks or roasted meat such as turkey.
For an alternative mashed potato recipe, try out the Herb, Garlic and Cheese Mashed Potatoes.
Loved this recipe?Click here to leave a review and give us a five star rating ★★★★★
Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
Perfect as a side dish Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes are mouth watering.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 6 people
- ½ kg Russet Potatoes
- 1 bulb Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- ¼ cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary (Chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Pepper (Freshly Ground)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Wrap the garlic in aluminium foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 40 minutes until browned.
- Remove the bulb from the foil and let cool.
- Press the cloves and take out the roasted flesh.
- Keep aside.
- Scrub the potatoes nicely and cut them into halves.
- Heat water in a large pot.
- Add the potatoes and cook for around 20 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Check using a fork.
- Remove the potatoes from water and put them in a large bowl.
- Add the roasted garlic, salt, pepper, heavy cream, cottage cheese, butter and rosemary in the bowl.
- Whip using a hand blender until potatoes are mashed and everything comes together.
- Check for salt and pepper and add more if required.
- Top with some more butter and rosemary.
- Serve warm.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 287IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg
Pin this recipe for later use!I LOVE to see your creations so pin and mention @WhiskAffair!
Sign up for regular updates?I would love to have you as part of my journey. Click to sign up!
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!