Delicately herbed and beautifully flavored Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes makes for a wonderful holiday meal. Made specially during Christmas and Thanksgiving, this dish flavored with tender rosemary and mixed with roasted garlic and butter is an interesting side for meats and meat dishes. Enjoy it with sizzlers or steaks or roasted meat such as turkey.
For an alternative mashed potato recipe, try out the Herb, Garlic and Cheese Mashed Potatoes.
Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
- ½ kg Russet Potatoes
- 1 bulb Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- ¼ cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary (Chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Pepper (Freshly Ground)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Wrap the garlic in aluminium foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 40 minutes until browned.
- Remove the bulb from the foil and let cool.
- Press the cloves and take out the roasted flesh.
- Keep aside.
- Scrub the potatoes nicely and cut them into halves.
- Heat water in a large pot.
- Add the potatoes and cook for around 20 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Check using a fork.
- Remove the potatoes from water and put them in a large bowl.
- Add the roasted garlic, salt, pepper, heavy cream, cottage cheese, butter and rosemary in the bowl.
- Whip using a hand blender until potatoes are mashed and everything comes together.
- Check for salt and pepper and add more if required.
- Top with some more butter and rosemary.
- Serve warm.