Sevai Ki Kheer always takes me back to my childhood. My mom used to make this kheer when we craved for something sweet after our meals and in just 10 minutes, this dessert was served and all of us loved it. These sevai are so thin that they need hardly any time to cook but still gives a wonderful flavor to the kheer. Although Sama Ke Chawal Ki Kheer and Meve Ki Kheer are also popular, Sevai has its own unique taste. Therefore, if you are on a time crunch but need a dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth, make sure to try Sevai ki Kheer. If I have to make an elaborate dinner for my relatives or friends then one of the obvious option is to make Sevai ki Kheer which doesn’t demand more of my time or preparation. Plus, the guests feel happy as well for getting served such a rich, luscious dessert.
Mostly, during various festive dinners and auspicious occasions, if no other dessert strikes the cord with my convenience then I can obviously rely on Sevai ki Kheer. Hence, a pack of nylon sevai at home, ha! BTW, just to make your life a tad easier, I have shared the recipe of Sevai ki Kheer. Ladies, make this dessert and win the hearts of your loved ones like a boss!
Sevai ki Kheer
Sevai ki Kheer
- Full cream milk - 1 liter
- Nylon sevai - 2 cups
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Raisins - 15-20
- Pistachio and almond slivers for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add sevai and roast till golden brown on low heat.
- Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Heat milk in a pan.
- When it comes to a boil, add sevai, cardamom powder and raisins.
- Cook till the kheer thickens to the desired consistency. ( Keep in mind that it will thicken further upon cooling )
- Add sugar.
- Mix well
- Transfer the kheer in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with pistachio and almond slivers.
- Serve hot or chilled.