Sevai Ki Kheer always takes me back to my childhood. My mom used to make this kheer when we craved for something sweet after our meals and in just 10 minutes, this dessert was served and all of us loved it.
Sevai ki Kheer
- Full cream milk - 1 liter
- Nylon sevai - 2 cups
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Raisins - 15-20
- Pistachio and almond slivers for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add sevai and roast till golden brown on low heat.
- Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Heat milk in a pan.
- When it comes to a boil, add sevai, cardamom powder and raisins.
- Cook till the kheer thickens to the desired consistency. ( Keep in mind that it will thicken further upon cooling )
- Add sugar.
- Mix well
- Transfer the kheer in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with pistachio and almond slivers.
- Serve hot or chilled.