Thai Green Curry Noodle Soup is a delicious recipe that is bursting with flavors. Make it for a quick weeknight dinner using my easy recipe.
About This Recipe
This Thai Green Noodle Soup is a flavorful and aromatic noodle soup recipe that is a must-make if you love a delicious bowl of noodles for your meals.
It gets its robust Thai flavors from Thai green curry paste and creaminess from the use of coconut milk.
You can easily double or triple the recipe if making it for a crowd.
Noodles – I use the good old egg noodles to make this soup, but you can experiment and use any noodles you want.
Udon noodles, soba noodles, and Hakka noodles, all work great. To make the soup gluten-free, use gluten-free noodles.
You can go for whole wheat noodles, or gluten-free noodles, for a healthier alternative.
Green Curry Paste – One of the main ingredients in this Green Curry Noodles recipe is the green curry paste.
I like to make Green Curry Paste at home, as the freshness and taste of homemade paste is unmatchable, but if you have a time crunch, then buy a jar.
Coconut Milk – Coconut milk gives creaminess along with a beautiful flavor to the soup.
Oil – You can use any cooking oil of your choice to prepare this noodle soup.
Vegetable Broth – I used vegetable broth to make the base of this noodle soup but you can use chicken broth too.
Make the Vegetable Broth at home or use a store-bought one.
Veggies – I used mushrooms, broccoli, and spinach but you can use any veggies that you like.
Boychoy, bell peppers, zucchini, baby corn, etc work great.
Others – You will also need scallions, onions, fresh ginger, garlic, sugar, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, and salt.
How To Make Thai Green Curry Noodle Soup
Boil 50 g of egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a large heavy bottomed pan, heat 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
Once the oil is hot, add 2 scallions (chopped), ¼ cup chopped onions, and 2 chopped shallots, and saute for about 2 minutes.
Add 2 tablespoon minced garlic and 2 tablespoon grated ginger and saute for 10-15 seconds.
Add 2 tablespoon of green curry paste and saute for a minute.
Now add 2 cups of vegetable broth, 100 g sliced mushrooms, and 100 g broccoli florets, and bring the broth to a boil.
Add 2 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar, 2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice, and 1 cup spinach (packed) and cook for a minute.
Add 13 oz (400 ml) unsweetened full-fat coconut milk, and cooked noodles, and bring the soup to a gentle boil.
Check for salt and add more if needed.
Switch off the heat and garnish the soup with cilantro and chili oil. Serve hot.
Pro Tips By Neha
Do not overcook the noodles. After boiling, rinse them in cold water to stop the process of cooking. Add some oil and toss well so that they don’t stick to each other.
Make green curry paste at home for the best taste. If you are using a store-bought paste, use a good-quality one.
Do not forget to top the soup with chili oil, it adds a lot of flavors.
Green Curry Noodle Soup is a complete meal in itself.
To make the meal even more filling, serve some dim sum and salad on the side.
This soup tastes the best when served fresh but if you have leftovers, finish them within a day.
You Might Also Like
Thai Green Curry Noodle Soup Recipe
- 50 grams uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 100 grams mushrooms (sliced)
- 100 grams broccoli florets
- 2 teaspons sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup spinach (packed)
- 13 ounce unsweetened full-fat coconut milk (400 ml)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (fresh coriander leaves)
- salt (to taste)
- chilli oil (for garnishing)
- Boil egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large heavy bottomed pan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add scallions, onions, and shallots, and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and saute for 10-15 seconds.
- Add green curry paste and saute for a minute.
- Now add vegetable broth, mushrooms, and broccoli florets, and bring the broth to a boil.
- Add sugar, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, and spinach and cook for a minute.
- Add coconut milk, and cooked noodles, and bring the soup to a gentle boil.
- Check for salt and add more if needed.
- Switch off the heat and garnish the soup with cilantro and chili oil. Serve hot.