Srikhand is a sweet dish made using hung curd. It is basically an assortment of silky smooth curd and crunch of dry fruits. It is a delight to eat and a breeze to make. There are many different ingredients that you can add to Srikhand and create a different flavor out of it. Srikhand is quite popular in Gujarat and Maharashtra as a dessert or a side dish which is savoured with joy along with Poories. Kesar Aam Srikhand is one variation of this dessert which I love because of my love for mangoes. Aam Srikhand is also popular as Aamrakhand.
I like Kesar Aam Srikhand as the light flavor of Kesar (saffron) and mango perfectly blend with each other. If you do not feel like adding Kesar then you may blend the mango puree with hung curd, your dessert will still taste yummy. Kesar Aam Srikhand would surely delight your guests if you serve them this dish as a dessert. Or better than that, you may even prepare some piping hot Poories and serve them along with chilled Kesar Aam Srikhand. I personally love relishing Kesar Aam Srikhand with Poories.
So this summer, get ready with some hung curd and mango puree, and make delicious, chilled Kesar Aam Srikhand within minutes. If you liked this recipe then do share it your loved ones and let them make this yummy dessert, side dish this summer as well. I hope you are already following me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, aren’t you?
Kesar Aam Srikhand
Kesar Aam Srikhand
- Yogurt - 1 kg
- Mango puree - ½ cup
- Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
- Saffron - a good pinch
- Powdered sugar - ¼ cup
- Almond and pistachio slivers for garnishing
- Take a muslin cloth and spread it on a big bowl.
- Pour the curd in the cloth.
- Now bring the ends of the cloth together and hang it on a support to drain the water from the curd.
- Let the curd hang for 2-3 hours.
- The thick curd that is collected now is called CHAKKA.
- Mix the chakka with the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk nicely to make it smooth.
- Transfer in the serving bowls.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers.
- Served chilled as is or with Poories.