Apricot is a juicy, tender fruit which is yellow or orange in colour. It almost looks like a peach but it is more succulent, smaller and it has a rich flavour. I had already made Apricot Frangipane Mini Galette and Khubani Murgh Kadhai using the fresh Apricots but, I was still feeling sad for not making a savoury dish out of apricot. That’s when I recollected one of the old recipes that I had my mind: Baked Apricot Chicken and I jumped with joy!. With Apricots gone for this season, this recipe uses Apricot preserve which luckily I had a big batch tucked away in the refrigerator. Super easy and quick to make, Baked Apricot Chicken just needs preparation of 10-15 minutes and then all you need to do is bake it! The other day, I ran out of snacks and had nothing to serve my kiddo for breakfast, but luckily, as I had all the sauces, apricot preserve and chicken breast at home, I could prepare Baked Apricot Chicken and serve it to my sunny boy! This recipe totally saved my day!
You may feel that how would the combination of apricot and chicken taste? Wouldn’t it taste too fruity? Ladies, trust me, as I only share the recipes which I have tried and tested, I can assure the same for Baked Apricot Chicken. It is indeed so lip-smacking that you would certainly feel like preparing it again and again! While you are at it, do follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest and keep receiving more foodie updates!
Baked Apricot Chicken
Baked Apricot Chicken
Devour delicious Baked Apricot Chicken made from apricots preserve and let its refreshing flavour make you its fan for the lifetime!
- 3-4 Chicken breast
- 100 g Mushroom Sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion Chopped
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Tomato ketchup
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Apricot preserve
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Mix olive oil, garlic, onion, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, pepper, sugar and apricot preserve in a bowl.
- Line the chicken breast in the baking tray.
- Sprinkle mushroom on top.
- Pour the dressing on top.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes.
- Flip the chicken on the other side and bake for another 30-35 minutes.
- Baste the chicken with the sauce 2-3 times during baking.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve hot with rice.