Simple and scrumptious, Greek Fries is one of the best Mediterranean side dishes to make for the sheer love of Greek food. Unlike the regular french fries, these loaded greek style French fries have a refined taste of olive oil, feta cheese, and herbs. Here is how to make it.
About the recipe
- Authentic Greek restaurants serve these Patates Tiganites or Greek-French fries as a side with salad or main course.
- These Fries are not smothered with just salt and pepper.
- Instead, they are tossed with flavorful Greek seasoning, olive oil and heaps of dairy fresh feta cheese.
- To give a nice tang, even red wine vinegar or lemon juice is added to them.
- However, the best part is the greek seasoning that goes on them.
- And, add to that tomato, red onion and parsley – yes, that’s how you serve these amazing munchies.
Now, traditionally, these Fries are made by frying them in olive oil but even vegetable oil works just fine – saying by experience.
Overall, this one is a fairly easy recipe. Simply make sure to deep fry the potato chunks well. After all, it essentially makes the fries crisp and well cooked.
Later, thaw all the seasonings on them and you are done.
If you like baked fries, you revise a little bit and make Baked Greek Fries using a baking sheet in the preheated oven.
But, nothing beats the fried ones, telling you!
Lastly, though these fries taste too good as it is, I still say that serve them with tzatziki sauce and that combo would literally perk up your taste buds.
Serve them without a qualm to everyone. Foodies of your house and even others are sure to love Greek French Fries. Bidding adieu with its easy recipe. Do read and try?
Can you make these from Scratch?
I have used ready made french fries to make this dish but you can definitely make the fries from scratch and top them later.
Check out this recipe to make perfectly crispy French Fries at home.
How to make them baked?
To make baked greek french fries, pre heat the oven to 350 F. Line the potato fries on a baking tray in a single layer.
Spray with olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes until they are crisp.
You can also make fries at home using potatoes. Just peel the potatoes and cut them into thin fries.
Line them on a baking tray and spray with oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top and bake for 25-30 minutes until browned.
If you have an air fryer, you can use it too to cook the fries.
Once the fries are done, top them with ingredients as mentioned below.
How to make loaded Tzatziki Greek Fries
Make a variation of my recipe by topping the fries with tzatziki, a greek dip. I have a lovely homemade Tzatziki recipe here.
You might also like
Step by Step Recipe
Heat oil for frying in a pan.
Deep fry the fries until they are brown and crispy.
Drain the fries in a bowl and pour extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and salt on top. Toss well to coat the fries with the oil and vinegar.
Transfer the fries on the serving plate.
Top with feta cheese, onion, tomato and parsley. You can add a few olives too.
Greek Fries Recipe
- 200 g Frozen Potato Fries
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese (Crumbled)
- 1/2 cup Red Onion (Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Tomato (Chopped)
- 2 tbsp Parsley (Chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil for frying in a pan.
- Deep fry the fries until they are brown and crispy.
- Drain the fries in a bowl and pour extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and salt on top.
- Toss well to coat the fries with the oil and vinegar.
- Transfer the fries on the serving plate.
- Top with feta cheese, onion, tomato and parsley.
- Serve immediately.