Banana Pudding Brownies (Banana Pudding Blondie) is a perfect combination of chewy fudgy brownies and old-fashioned banana pudding. Try my easy recipe here.
Here are some more brownie recipes that you may like – Chocolate Tahini Brownies, Blonde Brownies, 3 Ingredient Brownies, Strawberry Brownies & Nutella Brownies.
About Banana Pudding Brownies
Banana Pudding Brownies (Banana Pudding Blondies) is a delicious dessert that is a combination of fudgy brownies and banana pudding.
If you like old-fashioned desserts like banana cream pie or banana pudding, then you will love these too.
It has a chewy and fudgy texture like brownies with the flavor of banana pudding and a beautiful crunch from vanilla wafer cookies.
This delicious banana pudding brownies recipe is super easy to make and comes together using a few simple ingredients. It is perfect to serve for birthdays, house parties, potlucks, or any special occasion.
Some people make this recipe using banana pudding mix but after many experiments, I feel that banana cake mix works the best. Do try!
Cream Cheese – I used Philadelphia Cream Cheese but you can use any brand that is easily available to you.
Confectioner’s Sugar – It is easily available in the baking section of any grocery store. You can also order it online.
Banana Cake Mix – You can get it in the baking aisle of any grocery store or order it online.
Others – You will also need vanilla extract, large eggs, milk, vegetable oil, walnuts, and vanilla wafers to make this sweet treat.
You can replace walnuts with pecans or almonds.
Vegetable oil can be replaced with light olive oil or melted butter.
You can add chocolate chips to the batter for a chocolate bite. You can also top the brownie with banana slices along with vanilla wafers.
To make a chocolaty version, add cocoa powder to the brownie batter.
How To Make Banana Pudding Brownies
Bring the ingredients to room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Grease a 10×9-inch baking dish with butter or oil or line it with parchment paper.
Make The Cream Cheese Mix
Add 8 oz of room-temperature cream cheese to a medium mixing bowl and whisk using a wire whisk or a hand mixer until smooth.
Add 1 large egg, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar to the bowl and whisk well to combine. Set this mixture aside.
Make The Brownie Batter
In another medium-sized mixing bowl, add 16.5 oz banana cake mix, the remaining 2 eggs, ½ cup chopped walnuts, and ¼ cup of vegetable oil.
Add ½ cup milk and whisk well to combine.
Bake The Banana Pudding Cheesecake Brownies
Pour the cake mix batter into a greased 10×9 inch baking dish and spread it evenly using a silicone spatula.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter. Use a skewer to pass through and make swirls.
Keep the tray in the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Pull out the tray and arrange the vanilla wafers over the brownie.
Bake for another 10-12 minutes. The center will still be a little soft when you take it out.
Place the dish on a cooling rack to cool completely. Then refrigerate for 3-4 hours before cutting into pieces.
Pro Tips By Neha
These banana pudding blondies are a little soft when baked, but they firm up once cooled down. Baking them extra might make them hard.
Top banana brownies with a dollop of whipped cream or cool whip before serving to make them even more indulgent.
Instead of keeping the wafers whole over the brownies, you can crush them and spread them all over the brownies.
These Brownies last for 5-6 days when stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
They also stay fine at room temperature for 10-12 hours but make sure to store them in an airtight container.
These are freezer friendly too. Store them in freezer-safe ziplock bags once they cool down for up to 3 months.
You Might Also Like
Banana Pudding Brownies Recipe (Banana Pudding Blondie)
For The Cream Cheese Mixture
- 1 package(8oz) cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
For The Brownie Mix
- 1 box (16.5oz) banana cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 12 vanilla wafers
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 10×9-inch baking dish with butter or oil or line it with parchment paper.
Make The Cream Cheese Mix
- Add cream cheese to a medium mixing bowl and whisk using a wire whisk until soft.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, and confectioner’s sugar to the bowl and whisk well to combine. Set this mixture aside.
Make The Brownie Batter
- In another medium-sized mixing bowl, add banana cake mix, eggs, walnuts, and oil.
- Add milk and whisk well to combine.
Bake The Banana Brownie
- Pour the cake mix batter into a greased 10×9 inch baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter. Use a skewer to pass through and make swirls.
- Keep the tray in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Pull out the tray and arrange the vanilla wafers over the brownie.
- Bake for another 10-12 minutes. The center will still be a little soft when you take it out.
- Place the dish on a cooling rack to cool completely. Then refrigerate before cutting into pieces.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!