Want a twist in your regular Maggi? Then try this delicious and spicy Peri Peri Maggi that will be your new favorite snack. Here is how to make it.
You should try my 3 Innovative Maggi Recipes too if you like to make new variations of Maggi.
About This Recipe
Peri Peri Maggi is an interesting twist to your regular Maggi, where your usual recipe is flavored with peri peri masala. Along with the masala, cheese and heavy cream are added, which makes it rich and creamy.
Peri Peri is a popular spice that is prepared with a combination of whole spices, garlic, sugar, and salt. It has garlicky, spicy, lemony, and tangy flavors, that make the Maggi irresistible. I often make this version, when we get bored of our usual Maggi. It is easy, quick, and tastes so delightful.
Peri Peri Maggi tastes heavenly during monsoons or winters with a hot cup of masala chai or filter coffee.
This Peri Peri Maggie is,
- Spicy + Tangy
- A great twist to regular Maggi
Maggi – Get yourself some Maggi packets, so that you can devour this peri peri recipe anytime you crave it. They are easily available at all Indian grocery stores in different sizes. Amazon also sells Maggi online in the US. We will also use the tastemaker, that comes inside the Maggie packets.
Butter – Making this dish in butter, adds a rich flavor that is a must in this recipe. If you do not prefer butter, you can make it in olive oil or any vegetable oil.
Peri-Peri spice mix – You can easily get peri peri masala packets in the grocery stores or online. You can also make it at home. I always prefer to make it at home, as it is fresh and free of artificial colors. I have shared the recipe below.
Veggies – Add in some veggies such as onion and bell pepper. I have kept it simple, but you can go ahead and add in more vegetables such as broccoli, mushrooms, corn, beans, baby corn, etc.
Heavy Cream and Cheese – Use shredded cheddar cheese and heavy cream to add a nice creamy and cheesy texture to the dish.
How to make Peri Peri Maggi?
Heat 1 tablespoon unsalted butter in a skillet over medium heat.
Once the butter is melted, add ½ cup cubed onion and ½ cup mixed bell peppers and saute on high heat for 30-40 seconds.
Add ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon peri peri spice mix and 2 cups of water and let the water come to a boil.
Add 2 packs of Maggi noodles and the taste maker that comes along it and cook on medium heat until noodles are tender (3-4 minutes).
Stir in 1 tablespoon heavy cream.
Transfer the maggi to the serving bowl. Garnish with fresh parsley and shredded cheese. Serve immediately.
Homemade Peri Peri Spice Mix
I like to make Peri Peri spice mix at home as it is very flavorful, free of artificial flavors and colors and super economical. Here is how to make it.
- 2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Red Pepper Flakes
- 1-½ teaspoon Hot Paprika Powder
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Sugar, powdered
- 1 teaspoon Black Salt
- Salt, to taste
Grind oregano and red pepper flakes into a coarse powder. Now, add it to a bowl with all the other ingredients. Mix them properly and store them in an air-tight container in a cool and dry place. Use as required.
Always make it fresh, as it tastes the best when served hot. But if you have leftovers store them in an air-tight container for about a day. Reheat it in a pan or microwave, until nice and warm. If you feel it has become a little dry, then add in a little water and adjust the consistency.
You might also like
Peri Peri Maggie Recipe
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup cubed onion
- ½ cup cubed mixed bell peppers
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (you can use Amul cheese too.)
- 1 tablespoon peri-peri spice mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 packets Maggi (with tastemaker)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Heat 1 tablespoon unsalted butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add ½ cup cubed onion and ½ cup mixed bell peppers and saute on high heat for 30-40 seconds.
- Add ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon peri peri spice mix and 2 cups of water and let the water come to a boil.
- Add 2 packs of Maggi noodles and the taste maker that comes along it and cook on medium heat until noodles are tender (3-4 minutes).
- Stir in 1 tablespoon heavy cream.
- Transfer the maggi to the serving bowl. Garnish with fresh parsley and shredded cheese. Serve immediately.