Corn Chaat is a mix of boiled corn kernels that are tossed with chutneys, veggies, and a tad of spices which renders it a superb flavor. Here is how to make it at home in 2 different ways.
Savory snacks or tangy munchies served with chutneys, yogurt, are popular in India as Chaat.
In Hindi, the word ‘Chaatna’ means to lick and the word Chaat has been derived from the same.
Lip-smacking and irresistibly delicious, Chaat can be prepared using various combinations.
You could prepare spicy ones, sweet ones or tangy ones as per choice.
Though Chaat originated in Uttar Pradesh, it is famous throughout the India and world.
However, just like Aloo ki Chaat, this time, I was eager for preparing a vegetable-based Chaat and with fresh corn pods around, Corn Chaat got easily made.
About this recipe
It is a mix of buttered corn kernels which is tossed with condiments, veggies, and a tad of tomato ketchup which renders it a superb flavor.
Super quick to make, all you need is a microwave that would help you to prepare this dish within minutes.
All you need to do is toss all the ingredients for this Chaat together and Corn Chaat is all set to serve.
You can serve this as a snack or breakfast.
And it even tastes awesome as an accompaniment.
I am planning a Chaat party with my BFFs soon and Corn Chaat is surely going to be there on the menu!
Do read its recipe and you are sure to love it as well:
You can make an Italian style version of this corn chaat. Here is how to make it.
- 2 cups Corn Kernels
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Mixed Dried Herbs
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Onion Chopped
- 1 cup Green capsicum Cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Red Chilli flakes
- Add corn and butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 3-4 minutes.
- Add herbs, salt, onion, capsicum, and tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Microwave for another 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle red chilli flakes on top.
- Serve hot.
You might also like
Step by Step Recipe
Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Yes, this is the only step 🙂
Corn Chaat Recipe
- 2 cups Corn kernels (Boiled with salt)
- ½ cup Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 tsp Green Chilli (Finely Chopped)
- ¼ cup Tomato (Finely Chopped)
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Tamarind Chutney
- 2 tsp Coriander Mint Chutney
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and toss well.
- Serve immediately.