Sweet and Sour Vegetables Recipe
Sweet Sour Vegetables Recipe, How to make Indo Chinese Sweet Sour Vegetables
- Red capsicum - 2 cut into cubes
- Yellow capsicum - 2 cut into cubes
- Green capsicum - 1 cut into cubes
- Mushroom - 200 g sliced
- Carrot - 2 sliced
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- Sesame oil - 1 tbsp
- Garlic - 2 tbsp chopped
- Ginger - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Tofu or Paneer - 200 g cut into cubes
- Peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
- Red chili sauce - 2 tbsp
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar - 2 tbsp
- Red chili paste - 1 tbsp
- MSG - 1 tsp optional
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cornflour - 2 tbsp
- Green onions for garnishing
- Heat vegetable oil and sesame oil in a wok.
- When the oil is very hot, add ginger and garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped vegetables and saute for a few minutes on high heat.
- Add tofu and peanuts.
- Add 2 cups of water in the wok.
- Add soy sauce, red chili sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, brown sugar, red chili paste, MSG, salt and white pepper powder and let the mixture come to a boil.
- Mix cornflour with a little water and add it in the wok.
- Cook till the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve with either plain rice or Pineapple fried rice as I did. Recipe of Pineapple fried rice coming soon.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.