Corn and Cheese balls

Making snacks is always a challenge and I want to always look out for newer recipes. This time I tried all healthy corn and mixed it with some yummy cheese to make these corn and cheese balls. They went fabulously well with a hot cup of coffee. They look awesome too and I’ve since been getting request to make them again and again. So if you too would like to try out this yummy snack here is Corn and Cheese Ball Recipe. Enjoy them in the evening with your friends and family and bond over a yummy snack.

All you need is

• Corn-1 cup ( frozen or fresh )
  • Paneer Indian cottage cheese-100 gm ( If paneer is not available, you can use boiled potato )
  • Cheddar cheese-3/4 cup
  • Corn flour-2 tbsp
  • All purpose flour-1/4 cup
  • Salt to taste

• Sugar-1/2 tsp
  • Green chili-1 ( chopped )
  • Green coriander-2 tbsp( chopped )
  • Baking powder-1/2 tsp
  • Milk-1/4 cup
  • Bread crumbs
  • Oil for frying

Equipment Needed: Grinder, Mixing Bowl, Pan

Recipe for Corn and Cheese Balls

Boil corn in little water till it is soft
Drain the water and coarsely grind in a grinder
Grate the Paneer or Potato
In a bowl, mix together corn, paneer, cheese, corn flour, all purpose flour, salt, sugar, green chili, green coriander and baking powder
Make 13-15 balls from the mixture
Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes
Take out from the refrigerator
Dip the balls in milk and then in bread crumbs , so that they are coated with crumbs
Refrigerate again for 10-15 minutes
Heat oil in pan
Take the balls out of the refrigerator and let then sit on the counter for at least 2-3 minutes before frying
When the oil becomes very hot, Turn the heat to medium and fry the balls till golden brown
Take care not to fry the balls at a very high heat , other wise they will turn black
Serve hot with tomato ketchup

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1. says

Goodness Neha, all the pics are simply perfect and so loveable. That crunchy coating over the balls and the herbs added inside are great. My kind of savoury fried snack!!!!

2. says

No tardaré en copiarte estas bolitas.Nos encanta el maíz y lo utilizo en un sinfín de preparaciones.
    Tienes un blog hermoso,te felicito.

Un saludo

3. Anonymous says

Hi, mouth watering ! I am going to try this.. One Q though – Can I make these with grated Parmesan cheese instead of cheddar . Hope you reply soon, thanks ! :)

4. says

These look like some Conch Fritters that I had at Harpoon Harry’s in Punta Gorda, FL. They look delicious.

Your site is fabulous. Thanks for sharing your delicious food with us.

5. says

Dear Neha…thank you for this fabulous recipe. Tried them yesterday and they were delightfully soft and gooey on the inside yet crisp on the outside. Pure cheesy goodness.

6. Ashwini Hegde says

I have been following your blog for some time now.. and these cheese balls looks delicious. I wanted to try these but I am confused about the measurement. The quantity of cheese and all-purpose flour looks too much. Please verify.

7. Roshni says

Hi could I make these a day in advance and leave them in the fridge, do milk and breadcrumb coating in the day or even better Could I make and freeze? Thanks, they look and sound delicious!!!