Make a batch of these indulgent Easy Oreo Pancakes (Cookies And Cream Pancakes) and serve them for breakfast or dessert. These are freezer-friendly and come together using a few simple ingredients.
About Oreo Pancakes (Cookies And Cream Pancakes)
Oreo Pancakes (Cookies and Cream Pancakes) are your classic pancakes loaded with crushed Oreo cookies.
These soft and fluffy pancakes are super easy to make and come together in under 30 minutes using simple ingredients. This recipe is a great way to use leftover slightly softened Oreo cookies.
Serve these for breakfast, brunch, or as a dessert for a delicious treat.
These pancakes can be made ahead of time. They keep well in the refrigerator for up to a week and can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just thaw, warm, and serve.
You can easily double or triple the recipe if making these for a crowd.
Here are a few more pancake recipes
- Mexican Tres Leches Pancakes
- Egg White Pancakes
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Orange Pancakes
- Ragi Banana Pancakes
- Old Fashioned Pancakes
- Pancake Mix Crepes
- Gingerbread Pancakes
- Mini Cereal Pancakes
All-Purpose Flour – It makes the base of the pancakes. To make these healthier, you can replace half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour.
Oreo Cookies – I like to use Original Oreo Cookies to make these pancakes, but you can also experiment with other variations.
Cocoa Powder – Use the best-quality unsweetened cocoa powder. I used Hershey’s.
Others – You will also need baking soda, granulated sugar, eggs, whole milk, and unsalted butter to make this cookie and cream pancakes recipe.
You can also add a teaspoon of vanilla extract for added flavor.
How To Make Oreo Pancakes
Break 12-15 Oreo cookies into small pieces and add them to a food processor. Pulse to make a smooth powder.
Melt 4 tablespoon unsalted butter and let it cool down to room temperature.
Gather the remaining ingredients.
Make The Pancakes
Whisk together dry ingredients that are
- 2 cups (240 g) of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12-15 powdered Oreo cookies
in a large bowl.
Add the wet ingredients, which are
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoon melted and cooled unsalted butter
to the bowl and whisk to make a smooth batter. Do not overmix.
Let the pancake mix rest for 15 minutes.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Brush the skillet with butter and pour ¼ cup of pancake batter in the center of the skillet.
Cook the pancake on medium heat until it is bubbly, and the edges are lightly browned.
Flip and cook for 15-20 seconds on the other side. Remove on a plate.
Make all the pancakes in the same manner.
Garnish with crushed Oreo cookies and drizzle honey on top. Serve warm
Frequently Asked Questions
I like to bake the batter in a large pan instead of making individual pancakes when making it for a crowd. Make the batter and pour it into an oven-proof baking tray. Pop the tray in a preheated oven at 360°F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Top with honey and crushed Oreo cookies, and serve warm.
Preheat the oven to 160°F. Keep placing the pancakes on a baking sheet inside the oven. They will keep warm for a long time without cooking too much.
To make vegan cookies and cream pancake recipe, replace dairy milk with any plant-based milk, regular butter with vegan butter, coconut oil, light olive oil or canola oil, and eggs with flax seeds paste.
Serve these cookies and cream pancakes for special breakfast, brunch, or dessert. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup and top with crushed Oreos before serving.
You can also top these with fresh whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or chocolate sauce (chocolate syrup). Sprinkle some toasted and chopped nuts for a nice crunch.
You can make the batter and refrigerate it for up to 2 days. Just pull it out of the refrigerator and make fresh pancakes.
This fluffy Oreo pancake recipe is a great make-ahead breakfast recipe too. You can make the pancakes and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Reheat them in a microwave or a pan over the stovetop before serving again.
These pancakes also freeze well. Keep them in a freezer-safe container or a Ziploc bag, and keep a layer of parchment paper between each pancake to prevent them from sticking to each other. You can freeze them for up to 3 months. Just thaw, reheat, and serve.
You Might Also Like
Easy Oreo Pancakes Recipe (Cookies And Cream Pancakes)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12-15 Oreo cookies (powdered, plus more for garnishing)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk (full-fat milk)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder, and powdered oreo cookies in a bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, and butter to the bowl and whisk to make a smooth batter. Do not overmix.
- Let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Brush the skillet with butter and pour ¼ cup of batter in the center of the skillet.
- Cook the pancake on medium heat until it is bubbly and the edges are lightly browned.
- Flip and cook for 15-20 seconds on the other side. Remove on a plate.
- Make all the pancakes in the same manner.
- Garnish with crushed oreo cookies and drizzle honey on top. Serve warm.