Make a batch of these indulgent Oreo Pancakes (Cookies And Cream Pancakes) and serve them for breakfast or dessert. These are freezer-friendly and come together in just 30 minutes using simple ingredients.
About This Recipe
Oreo Pancakes (Cookies and Cream Pancakes) are your classic pancakes loaded with crushed Oreo cookies.
These soft and fluffy pancakes are super easy to make and come together in under 30 minutes using simple ingredients.
Serve these for breakfast, brunch, or as a dessert for a delicious treat.
These pancakes can be made ahead of time. They keep well in the refrigerator for up to a week and can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just thaw, warm, and serve.
All-Purpose Flour – It makes the base of the pancakes. You can replace half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour to make these healthier.
Oreo Cookies – I like to use Original Oreo Cookies to make these pancakes but you can experiment with other variations as well.
Cocoa Powder – Use the best-quality unsweetened cocoa powder. I used Hershey’s.
Others – You will also need baking soda, granulated sugar, eggs, whole milk, and unsalted butter to make this cookies and cream pancakes recipe.
You can also add a teaspoon of vanilla extract for added flavor.
How To Make Oreo Pancakes
Break 12-15 oreo cookies into small pieces and add them to a food processor. Make a smooth powder.
Melt 4 tablespoon unsalted butter and let it cool down to room temperature.
Gather the remaining ingredients.
Make The Oreo Pancakes
Whisk together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoon baking powder, 4 tablespoon granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, and 12-15 powdered oreo cookies in a large bowl.
Add 2 large eggs, 2 cups whole milk and 4 tablespoon melted and cooled unsalted butter to the bowl and whisk to make a smooth batter. Do not overmix.
Let the pancake batter rest for 15 minutes.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Brush the skillet with butter and pour ¼ cup of batter in the center of the skillet.
Cook the pancake on medium heat until it is bubbly and the edges are lightly browned.
Flip and cook for 15-20 seconds on the other side. Remove on a plate.
Make all the pancakes in the same manner.
Garnish with crushed oreo cookies and drizzle honey on top. Serve warm
Frequently Asked Questions
When making it for a crowd, I like to bake the batter in a large pan instead of making individual pancakes. Make the batter and pour it into an oven-proof baking tray. Pop the tray in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Top with honey and crushed oreo cookies and serve warm.
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees F. Keep placing the pancakes on a baking sheet inside the oven. They will keep warm for a long time without cooking too much.
To make vegan cookies and cream pancakes, replace dairy milk with any plant-based milk, regular butter with vegan butter, coconut oil, light olive oil or canola oil, and eggs with flax seeds paste.
Serve these cookies and cream pancakes for breakfast, brunch, or as dessert. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup and top with some crushed oreo cookies before serving.
You can also top these with fresh whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or chocolate syrup. Sprinkle some toasted and chopped nuts for a nice crunch.
You Might Also Like
Oreo Pancakes Recipe (Cookies And Cream Pancakes)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 12-15 Oreo cookies (powdered, plus more for garnishing)
- 2 large eggs (large)
- 2 cups whole milk (full-fat milk)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder, and powdered oreo cookies in a bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, and butter to the bowl and whisk to make a smooth batter. Do not overmix.
- Let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Brush the skillet with butter and pour ¼ cup of batter in the center of the skillet.
- Cook the pancake on medium heat until it is bubbly and the edges are lightly browned.
- Flip and cook for 15-20 seconds on the other side. Remove on a plate.
- Make all the pancakes in the same manner.
- Garnish with crushed oreo cookies and drizzle honey on top. Serve warm.