Looking for a party snack that is healthy as well? Don’t fret! Go ahead and try this healthy, golden and exceptional Sweet Potato Hummus today and turn off your craving for this party snack in minutes! You can make it without Tahini too.
The best thing about dips and munchies is that you can make them beforehand. Secondly, they are great party food and save a lot of time in the kitchen.
However, what do you do when you want to eat something super tasty but you got to even watch your diet, eh?
I say give my easy, traditional hummus recipe made from sweet potato a shot!
About This Recipe
Roasted sweet potato or cooked sweet potato are gluten-free and they pair well with extra virgin olive oil.
Also, when you use them with garbanzo beans or chickpea, they fuse up to make a finger-licking and smooth hummus.
And that too all under 5 minutes using a food processor out and out if you have these Sweet Potatoes sitting in your refrigerator.
Most importantly, Sweet Potato Hummus Recipe has a beautiful orange color and subtle natural sweetness.
Not to mention its addictive texture. Therefore, you can easily serve it with veggies like broccoli, carrot sticks or munchies.
This recipe is
- Gluten Free
- Protein Packed
- Easy to make
- 10 Minute Recipe
Trust me, your kids are sure to love this healthy snack and request a repeat.
Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fibre and contains a good array of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium.
They are a good source of B vitamins and vitamin C.
They’re high in an antioxidant known as beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A once consumed.
They reduce the risk of cancer.
Why should you make this variation?
- Sweet potato adds a great flavor to this classic dip.
- But, by large, it makes hummus more healthy as it is a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B1, B2, copper, manganese and contains a significant amount of dietary fibre as well.
I have added tahini to the hummus but you can also make Sweet Potato Hummus without Tahini in case you do not like sesame seeds.
Also, both roasted, as well as cooked sweet potato, work well for this hummus so suit yourself with your choice.
In a nutshell, I would give 10 on 10 to this veggie hummus as it turned fabulous! How about you? Try it out and tell me?
How to serve it?
You can serve this hummus with pita bread, pita chips, tortilla chips or veggie sticks.
You can also make stuffed jacket sweet potato with it.
I like to slather it on a flatbread and bake for a few minutes.
Make a bed of it and serve poached eggs on top of it.
You might also like
Step by Step Recipe
Add all the ingredients including the boiled chickpeas and sweet potato in a blender.
Blend to make a smooth hummus.
Sweet Potato Hummus Recipe
- 1 Sweet Potato (Roasted or Steamed)
- 1 cup Chickpeas
- 5-6 cloves Garlic (Mix 4 tbsp sesame seeds with 2 tbsp olive oil and little water and blend in a blender to make a smooth paste.)
- 4 tbsp Tahini
- 8 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 3-4 tbsp Warm water from boiled chickpeas
- Wash and soak chickpeas in enough water for 5-6 hours.
- Drain the water.
- Add chickpeas and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook the chickpeas till done.
- Drain the water reserving 3-4 tbsp for the hummus.
- Peel the sweet potato and discard the skin.
- Add all the ingredients including the boiled chickpeas and sweet potato in a blender and blend to make a smooth hummus.
- Serve with pita or any other crackers.