Sriracha is a spicy sauce prepared using red chilli, garlic et al. This sauce is majorly used in the preparation of Vietnamese and Thai cuisine. The name of Sriracha is adapted from a famous coastal city called Si Racha located in the eastern region of Thailand. It is believed that Sriracha Sauce was made there for the first time and then it slowly started becoming more popular. Along with red chilli and garlic, Sriracha sauce also has vinegar, garlic, and sugar. While preparing Vietnamese dishes, Sriracha is used for making fried noodles, it is even served with spring rolls. On the other hand, in Thai cuisine, Sriracha is mostly used as a dipping sauce. I have tasted delicacies prepared or served with Sriracha Sauce and I really liked its flavour. I had a jar of readymade Sriracha Sauce which I had received as a goodie and during this long weekend, I decided it put to a good use by making some Chicken Sriracha Noodles.
Firstly, garlic is sauteed in the mixture of sesame oil and peanut for preparing Chicken Sriracha Noodles.You could even add fresh veggies such as broccoli, yellow bell pepper, and red bell pepper in order to grant a lovely crunch to the Chicken Sriracha Noodles. Also, as the chicken is sauteed the mix of garlic, veggies in the base of sesame oil and peanut butter, it gets a very refined and refreshing flavour. Just as the chicken gets all cooked, it is mixed with Sriracha sauce, vinegar, and soy sauce and finally, it is mixed with Noodles. So, this is how Chicken Sriracha Noodles gets made. Also, to make it more toothsome, you could even garnish Chicken Sriracha Noodles with spring onions. I relished Chicken Sriracha Noodles with Thai Red Curry with Tofu and Vegetables. Suit yourself but don’t miss eating Chicken Sriracha Noodles, its recipe is as follows:
Chicken Sriracha Noodles
- Sesame oil - 2 tbsp
- Peanut Butter - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 2 tsp ( Chopped )
- Red bell pepper - ½ cup ( Sliced )
- Yellow bell pepper - ½ cup ( Sliced )
- Broccoli - 1 cup ( Cut into small florets )
- Boneless chicken - 200g ( Cut into small pieces )
- Sriracha Sauce - ¼ cup
- Soy sauce - 2 tbsp
- Rice Wine Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Egg noodles - 300 g
- Spring onion greens - ¼ cup ( Chopped )
- Heat sesame oil and peanut butter in a wok.
- Add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and broccoli and fry for a few seconds.
- Add chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Mix Sriracha sauce, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar in a bowl.
- Add the sauce mixture in the wok along with the cooked noodles and mix well.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.