There are many different ways to cook noodles and also different kinds of preparations. I’ve made some interesting preparations for my family, the Vegetarian Phad Thai Noodles, Spicy Sesame Peanut Noodles, and Burnt Garlic Noodles being some of them. Chinese Vegetable Hakka Noodles can be paired up for an elaborate Chinese meal as well, by making it along with Vegetable Spring Rolls, Vegetable in Chinese Chilli Garlic Sauce, and Shezwan Fried Rice. In case you do not have the luxury of time, then you could eat Chinese Vegetable Hakka Noodles as it is as well. So, instead of eating them at a Chinese restaurant, for a change make Chinese Vegetable Hakka Noodles at home and enjoy! Here is the recipe.
Vegetable Hakka Noodles
Chinese Vegetable Hakka Noodles
- Sesame oil - 1 tbsp
- Chilli oil - 1 tbsp If chilli oil is not available, use normal oil and add some more red chilli sauce
- Garlic - 8-10 cloves chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece ) chopped )
- Cabbage - 1/2 cup shredded
- Bell peppers - 1/2 cup chopped
- Carrot - 1 julienne
- Celery - 1/4 cup chopped
- Dark soy sauce - 2 tsp
- Red chilli sauce - 3 tsp
- Vinegar - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Spring onion greens - 1/4 cup
- Hakka noodles - 75 gm packet
- Boil noodles as per manufactures instruction.
- Wash under water and add a little oil and mix to keep them from sticking.
- In a light wok, add sesame oil and chilli oil.
- When the oil is very hot, add garlic and ginger.
- Add cabbage, celery, carrot and bell peppers.
- Stir on high heat for a minute.
- Add salt, pepper, soy sauce, red chilli sauce and vinegar.
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the boiled noodles and mix well.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve hot with ketchup.