Try this 30 minutes Achari Gobi which is a twist to your regular gobhi sabzi with an addition of spicy and tangy homemade Achari masala. It is best served with tawa paratha. Here is how to make it.
About This Recipe
Achari Gobhi is nothing but a simple Indian cauliflower stir fry flavoured with Achari masala. It is super easy, nutritious and comes together in under 30 minutes.
Achari masala is the star ingredient that makes it different from other gobhi sabzi. Add in the homemade Achari masala for the best taste or use a store bought one if you are short on time.
It is best served with phulka/paratha or with a simple comforting meal of dal chawal for everyday meals or pack it in lunch box with flaky parathas.
Cauliflower – Wash the cauliflower well to remove the dirt and cut in florets to add in the sabzi.
Achari Masala – Use homemade achari masala to get the best taste. It is very easy to make, comes together in minutes and can be stored for later use.
You can also use store bought packaged achari masala, incase you are short on time.
Oil – Mustard oil is the best choice, but you can even go for any vegetable oil of your choice.
Others – Onion, ginger, garlic, tomato puree, curd, salt, red chilli powder, lemon juice, dry mango powder and fresh coriander.
Achari Gobi can be served with any Indian bread such as phulka, tawa paratha, lachha paratha, missi roti etc. You can also serve it on the side with a hearty meal of dal chawal or kadhi chawal.
Leftover Achari gobhi can be used to make rolls/wraps or stuffed parathas. It can also be mixed with rice to make a Achari gobi pulao.
Achari Gobhi can be stored in an air tight container for about 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in a pan or microwave until nice and warm.
Step by Step Recipe
Add 2 tablespoon oil in a pan.
Add the gobhi florets and fry till slightly browned.
Heat the pan again. Add the remaining oil in the pan.
Add onion and fry till slightly browned.
Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
Add tomato puree and curd. Fry for a minute.
Add achari masala, red chili powder, salt and a half cup of water. Fry for a minute.
Add fried gobhi.
Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes.
Add lemon juice and dry mango powder.
Garnish with fresh coriander.
Achari Gobhi Recipe
- 3 cups Gobhi/Cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 5 tablespoon Oil
- 1 cup Onion (Sliced)
- 2 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 4 tablespoon Tomato puree
- 4 tablespoon Curd
- 2 tablespoon Achari masala
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dry mango powder
- 2 tablespoon Fresh coriander (chopped)
- Add 2 tablespoon oil in a pan.
- Add the gobhi florets and fry till slightly browned.
- Remove from the pan.
- Heat the pan again.
- Add the remaining oil in the pan.
- Add onion and fry till slightly browned.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add tomato puree and curd.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add achari masala, red chilli powder, salt and half cup of water.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add fried gobhi.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and dry mango powder.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with phulka and dal rice.