Badami Khumbi is a wholesome, must-try dish for all the big time mushroom fans. Relish it with piping hot Laccha Parathas or Naan! Here is how to make it.
Badami Khumbi is a wholesome, must-try dish for all the big time mushroom fans. Badami Khumbi basically is a dish prepared using mushrooms in a creamy rich gravy enriched with almonds.
In my household, we love eating mushrooms. Mushroom and Spring Onion Pulao and Lemony Garlic Mushroom Spaghetti are a regular for lunches as well as dinners. But as I wanted to make a desi recipe, I experimented with the idea of using mushrooms in a rich curry. Thus, Badami Khumbi was ideated on the spur of the moment.
One of the reasons behind making this dish is that mushrooms are a good source of protein, vitamin C, and iron. Mushrooms even contain potassium, phosphorous, and copper. Mushrooms happen to fight against cancer, they boost our immunity and are even full of fibre.
So, by preparing various dishes from mushrooms I kind of keep the health quotient of my family in complete check, you see!
You could serve Badami Khumbi along with Naan or piping hot Laccha Parathas. The Indianness of this dish will literally steal your heart and soothe your taste buds. Why don’t you save its recipe as well for future use? While you are at it, do follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to learn more yummilicious recipes!
Badami Khumbi Recipe
Badami Khumbi is a wholesome, must-try dish for all the big time mushroom fans. Relish it with piping hot Laccha Parathas or Naan!
- 300 g Button Mushroom Cut into half
- Oil for frying
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 3-4 Clove
- 2 Black cardamom
- 2 inch Cinnamon sticks
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 1/2 cup Onion Thinly sliced
- 1 inch Ginger
- 5-6 Garlic
- 1/2 cup Golden fried onion
- 12-15 Blanched almonds
- 2 Green chilli
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Kasuri methi Crushed
- Heat oil for frying the mushroom in a pan and deep fry them until slightly golden brown.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan.
- When the water comes to a boil add onion, ginger and garlic and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Strain and transfer in a blender.
- Add golden fried onion, blanched almonds and green chilli in the blender and make a smooth paste.
- Add little water to make the paste.
- Heat ghee and 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Once the ghee is hot, add cloves, black cardamom, cinnamon sticks and green cardamom and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the onion paste in the pan and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt along with 1/2 cup of water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add fried mushroom and cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add sugar and kasuri methi and cook for another minute.
- Serve hot with Naan or Laccha Paratha.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.