Dukkah is an Egyptian mix of crushed nuts, spices. Baked Dukkah Crusted Chicken is a tasty and healthy dish made using boneless chicken, dukkah mix and buttermilk. Here is how to make Dukkah Chicken.
Dukkah is ideally an Egyptian mix of crushed nuts and spices. It provides a distinct flavor to Egyptian cooking and is well known for its versatility. I was curious about the flavors of Dukkah and needless to say, I ended up preparing a unique dish named Baked Dukkah Crusted Chicken.
I made Baked Dukkah Crusted Chicken using pistachio nuts, boneless chicken breast, and buttermilk. This dish has the right balance of crunch and tenderness.
Being pretty health conscious, I thoroughly empathise with the emotions of the struggling homemakers and working women to keep their family’s and their health in check.
Hence, while making Baked Dukkah Crusted Chicken I took care to not make this dish oily and heavy. I have used the minimum amount of oil which was necessary for making this dish, not a drop more and not a drop less.
As I had expected, Baked Dukkah Crusted Chicken was indeed very delicious along with Jalapeno and Garlic Whipped Feta Dip and I could not stop myself from sharing this recipe with you all.
You might also like
How to make Dukkah?
Dry roast Pistachio, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and coconut individually until slightly browned and fragrant. Remove in a plate and let cool. Add all the ingredients in a mortar and pestle and grind to make a coarse powder.
Detailed recipe to make Dukkah is Here.
Dukkah Crusted Chicken Recipe
Baked Dukkah Crusted Chicken
Dukkah is an Egyptian mix of crushed nuts, spices.Baked Dukkah Crusted Chicken is a tasty dish made with a twist of Egyptian cuisine.
- 400 g Boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups Buttermilk If buttermilk is not available, add lemon juice in milk and keep aside for 10 minutes to make homemade buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Pistachio Dukkah
- Vegetable oil to brush on the tenders
- Pound the chicken breast slightly using a mallet and cut into small stripes.
- Add chicken stripes in a zip lock bag along with buttermilk and refrigerate overnight.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Take out chicken stripes from the bag and press each into dukkah to cover it completely.
- Line all the prepared chicken stripes on a baking sheet.
- Brush the stripes with little oil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with any dip of your choice.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.