Rasmalai Trifle is a creamy and indulgent fusion dessert prepared with rasmalai flavored whipped cream, rasmalai pieces, sponge cake, and powdered pistachios. Make it this festive season and impress your guests (vegetarian).
About Rasmalai Trifle
Rasmalai Trifle is a fusion dessert that has layers of melt-in-mouth ras malai flavored cream, soft rasmalai, and sponge cake crumble topped with pistachio powder.
If you have ready rasmalai and sponge cake on hand, this easy and fun trifle comes together in just 10 minutes.
Instead of assembling the dessert in individual serving glasses, you can assemble it in a large tray and save some more time.
It is a great “make ahead” dessert for busy festive days. You can assemble and store it in the refrigerator for about 4 days.
Serve it for Diwali, Holi, or other festivals and special occasions or as a dessert for your dinner parties or get-togethers.
Here are some more fusion dessert recipes that you may like
For The Cream
To make the rasmalai flavored cream, you will need sweetened heavy whipping cream, saffron strands, cardamom powder, rabdi, pistachios, and rasmalai essence (optional).
I use non-dairy whipping cream as it’s easier to whip but you can use dairy cream as well.
Make Rabdi at home using my easy recipe or buy it from a local mithaiwala.
You can either make one at home or use a store-bought cake.
Make it from scratch using my Easy Rasmalai recipe at home or buy from an Indian mithai shop.
Use good quality pistachios. Grind them in a grinder to make a fine powder. You can also replace pistachio powder with almond powder too.
Rasmalai Trifle will last for about 4 days in the refrigerator. So make it ahead of time, and store it in individual small jars with lids for busy festive days.
If you are making everything from scratch, I would advise you to make all the elements 1-2 days in advance and assemble them on the day of the party or festival.
You Might Also Like
Rasmalai Trifle Recipe
For The Cream
- ½ cup chilled sweetened heavy whipping cream
- 15-20 saffron strands (soaked in 1 tablespoon milk)
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ cup rabdi
- 5-6 drops rasmalai essence (optional)
- 1 cup crumbled sponge cake
- 6 chopped rasmalai with milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered pistachios
- mini rasmalai for garnishing
Make The Cream
- Whip the heavy cream using a hand mixer until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold in saffron soaked in milk, cardamom powder, rabdi, and rasmalai essence.
- Transfer the cream to a piping bag fitted with a large nozzle.
Assemble The Dessert
- Add ¼ cup of crumbled cake to a small serving glass or bowl and spread it evenly.
- Top with some chopped rasmalai and drizzle a few tablespoons of rasmalai milk all over.
- Pipe the cream on top until the glass is almost full.
- Garnish with pistachio powder and mini rasmalai.
- Assemble all the trifles in the same manner.
- Serve chilled.