Aate ka halwa is a delicious indian Dessert or sweet which is very easy to make and is quite delicious. Loaded with ghee and dry fruits, atta halwa or wheat halwa is definitely indulgent. So, here is how to make Aate ka Halwa at home (Step by Step + Video).
One of the pain points of trying a dessert recipe is that it tends to become very tedious. However, this golden brown Atte ka Halwa is a breath to make and eat whenever you want, people.
Enriched with the goodness of wheat flour, this soothing dessert can be made in a jiffy. Most importantly, Aate ka Halwa Recipe can be made with simple ingredients and all in a matter of few minutes at home.
As it is very quick to make, you can even serve it with your weekend special breakfast of Bedmi Puri or Dry Fruit Paratha as well. Much as Suji ka Halwa, even Aate ka Halwa is tasty yet healthier because of wheat flour.
Down with fever? Or really not in the best of your moods? A bowlful of this ghee loaded halwa shall pep you up in no time, folks! That’s the reason why it has been a family favourite since my childhood and I still enjoy it a lot. For making it, all you need is some wheat flour, ghee and sugar for sweetness and then you can generously top it with roasted or fried dry fruit slivers.
Tips for making the best Aata ka Halwa at home:
- Make sure that you use proper portion of wheat flour and ghee because it would turn out dry if adequate amount of ghee is not used.
- We need the perfect sweetness so add the necessary amount of sugar as per your taste.
- Go generous with dry fruits. Because, nothing tastes as great as ghee, wheat flour, sugar all served piping hot with them.
- Make sure to keep stirring continuously while roasting the flour and do it on medium low heat. This way the flour will not burn but brown evenly.
- Adding dry fruits mid way roasting is my innovative step. The slightly roasted dry fruits gives a very nice taste in each bit and you don’t have to roast them separately, making the process easier.
On that note, sharing this Aate ka Halwa Recipe with you, I’m sure you would love it.
You might also like
How to make Aate ka Halwa Step by Step
Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
Add whole wheat flour and fry on medium heat until slightly browned. (Approx 6-8 minutes ). Keep stirring continuously.
Add the chopped nuts and fry until the color of the flour is changed to dark brown and it starts to emit a nutty aroma. ( Approx 5-6 minutes ). Keep stirring continuously and do not let the flour burn.
Once the flour is done, add 2 cups of water and cook the water is almost absorbed by the flour.
Add the sugar at this stage and cook the halwa for another 3-4 minutes. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
Garnish the halwa with slivered almond and Pistachios and silver foil. Serve warm or cold.
Aate ka Halwa Video Recipe
Aate ka Halwa Recipe
Aate ka Halwa
Aate ka halwa is a delicious indian dessert which is very easy to make and is quite delicious. Loaded with ghee & dry fruits, it is definitely indulgent.
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 10-12 Almonds Chopped
- 10-12 Cashew nuts Chopped
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add whole wheat flour and fry on medium heat until slightly browned. (Approx 6-8 minutes )
- Keep stirring continuously.
- Add the chopped nuts and fry until the color of the flour is changed to dark brown and it starts to emit a nutty aroma. ( Approx 5-6 minutes )
- Keep stirring continuously and do not let the flour burn.
Once the flour is done, add 2 cups of water and cook until the water is almost absorbed by the flour.
- Add the sugar at this stage and cook the halwa for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish the halwa with slivered almond and Pistachios and silver foil.
- Serve warm or cold.
You might also like these Indian Sweets and dessert recipes.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.