As Dahi Wala Murgh is really easy to prepare, you can quickly craft it for dinners or those lazy weekend brunches. Dahi Wala Murgh just tastes more yummy with every morsel. Having read all these nice things, I suggest do prepare this toothsome dish at home. Serve it with Zeera Rice or pair it with Pudina Laccha Paratha, Naan, because you would realize that this luscious delicacy is surely a keeper.
Dahi Wala Murgh
Dahi Wala Murgh / Chicken in a Yogurt Based Gravy
- Chicken - 1 kg with bones
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Cloves - 3-4
- Black peppercorns - 5-6
- Black cardamom - 2
- Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
- Dry red chilli - 2-3
- Onion - 1 and 1/2 cups thinly sliced
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Yogurt - 2 cups
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add cloves, black peppercorn, black cardamom, cinnamon and dry red chilies.
- Fry for 10 seconds.
- Add onion and fry till slightly browned.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till onions are nicely browned.
- Add chicken and cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk yogurt and add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt to it.
- Add the yogurt in the pan.
- Cover and cook till chicken is done.
- Add little water if required.
- Add honey and lemon juice and mix.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or laccha paratha.