Homemade Wonton Wrapper…Wontons are dumplings that are very popular in Chinese cuisine. Every region of China has its own version of wonton. Made using exotic filling using varied ingredients, wontons are prepared by placing the filling on wrappers made from all-purpose flour, salt, eggs and corn starch. Usually, these wrappers along with the filling are compressed into a desired shape, size and then they are boiled or fried. See how to make them at home.
When it comes to American Chinese, wontons are served along with soup but often they are even relished after frying them. We Indians love eating Chicken Wontons in Chilli Broth and Vegetable Spring Rolls when it comes to eating appetizers while relishing a Chinese meal. However, making wontons gets tedious and time taking if you have to prepare them from scratch. To streamline the process, I got an idea of preparing Homemade Wonton Wrappers in advance. It is easy to store Homemade Wonton Wrappers in the refrigerator and use them whenever you want. Not only it saves time but even when few guests visit you unannounced, preparing wontons gets real quick and simple.
For preparing Homemade Wonton Wrappers, I have used all-purpose flour, eggs, salt and corn starch. I made them using a pasta machine, however if you do not have a pasta machine at home then you can still prepare Homemade Wonton Wrappers. All you need to do is, roll the dough as thin as possible and then just cut them with the help of cookie cutter. Sounds easy, doesn’t it? And indeed, it is really simple to make your own Homemade Wonton Wrappers instead of buying ready made wrappers whose quality we cannot judge. So, without wasting your time, get going and read the recipe for rolling your own batch of fresh Homemade Wonton Wrappers and store them to use at your ease:
Homemade Wonton Wrapper
Homemade Wonton Wrapper
Homemade Wonton Wrapper saves a lot of your time while preparing boiled or fried wontons for an elaborate Chinese meal. Read its recipe and roll them up!
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- Cold water for kneading
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- Add flour and salt in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour.
- Add egg and mix using your finger tips.
- Add cold water and make a soft dough.
- Knead the dough for 5-6 minutes using the heels of your hands. ( This is an important step so please do not compromise on this )
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Knead again for 2 minutes.
- Pass the dough through a pasta machine on it’s lowest setting. ( We need to get paper thin Wonton wrappers )
- If you don’t have a pasta machine, try to roll the dough as thin as you can.
- Keep dusting the dough with flour while rolling.
- Cut the dough sheets into 4 inch circles using a cookie cutter.
- Dust the circles with cornstarch to stop them from sticking to each other.
- Stack the circles to make a pile and wrap them in a cling film.
- Freeze until ready to use.
- Thaw in refrigerator for 2-3 hours before you are ready to use the wonton Wrappers.