These crunchy, sweet and nutty Honey Roasted Mixed Nuts are the perfect healthy snack to munch on whenever hunger strikes. These come together quickly using simple ingredients (vegetarian, gluten-free)
You can also try my savory and spicy version of the roasted nut recipe – Pudina Kaju, Spicy Masala Kaju, and Peanut Masala.
About Honey Roasted Nuts
Honey Roasted Nuts is a healthy and delicious snack where mixed nuts are coated with honey and baked until crisp
These crunchy, mildly sweet, and very slightly spicy nuts are the perfect snack to munch at any time of the day.
Honey roasted nuts are super addictive, very easy to make, and come together quickly using a few simple ingredients.
Making this snack at home is also much more economical than buying them out and you can also be sure about the quality of the ingredients used.
When making these at home, you can also customize the recipe. Increase the nuts that you like and decrease the ones that you don’t. You can also make this recipe with a single nut like only almonds or only cashew nuts.
These are great to make for nibble for house parties and get-togethers. You can add them to a cheese platter or just serve them on their own.
You can also pack them in mason jars with a ribbon and gift them during Christmas, New Years’, Thanksgiving, Diwali, Birthday Parties, or other special occasions.
Nuts – You can use any nuts that you like. Select from cashews, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, etc. Pecans, hazelnuts, and raw peanuts also work fine.
Honey – Honey is a great option to add some healthy sweetness to your nuts. It adds a sticky texture to the nuts, which makes them taste even more delicious.
Butter – Use unsalted butter to add some richness to these nuts.
Brown Sugar – To add some more sweetness and crunch, sprinkle some brown sugar on top at the end of the cooking. Brown sugar also prevents the nuts from sticking to each other after baking.
Cayenne Pepper and Sea Salt – These two add that much needs spicy and salty flavor that complements the sweetness of honey and brown sugar well.
You can also sprinkle a little ground cinnamon over these munchies.
How To Make Honey Roasted Nuts
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
Line a large sheet pan or baking sheet with parchment paper.
Melt 2 tablespoon unsalted butter and 2 tablespoon honey in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat until the butter is melted and is combined with honey, stirring frequently using a wooden spoon or a silicon spatula.
Add 2 cups of mixed nuts and ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper to the pan and coat the nuts with the butter and honey mixture evenly.
Transfer the nuts to the baking sheet and spread them in a single layer using a silicone spatula.
Keep the sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the nuts are golden brown in color.
Stir them once so that they roast evenly from all sides.
Remove the sheet from the oven and sprinkle 1 tablespoon brown sugar and ½ teaspoon sea salt over the nuts and toss them using two spatulas.
Let the nuts cool down for 2-3 hours so that they are not sticky anymore.
Transfer them to an airtight container and store them at room temperature for 5-6 days, refrigerate for 10-12 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
You can serve these nuts as munchies with your drinks during parties and get together or just munch them while watching a movie or on a road trip.
You can also add this wonderful snack to your cheese platters.
Pack them in a snack box and snack on them in between meals or whenever the hunger strikes during your working hours or while traveling.
You can store these delicious honey-roasted nuts in an air-tight container for about 5 to 6 days at room temperature. They do tend to lose some crunch after 2 days, but they still taste delicious.
You can also refrigerate these for 10-12 days or freeze them for up to 6 months.
You Might Also Like
Healthy Honey Roasted Mixed Nuts Recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups mixed nuts (I used a mix of almonds, walnuts, pistachios and cashew nuts.)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and honey in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat until the butter is melted and is combined with honey, stirring frequently using a wooden spoon or a silicon spatula.
- Add nuts and cayenne pepper to the pan and coat the nuts with the butter and honey mixture evenly.
- Transfer the nuts to the baking sheet and spread them in a single layer using a silicone spatula.
- Keep the sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the nuts are golden brown in color.
- Stir them once so that they roast evenly from all sides.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and sprinkle brown sugar and sea salt over the nuts and toss them using two spatulas.
- Let the nuts cool down for 2-3 hours so that they are not sticky anymore.
- Transfer them to an airtight container and store them at room temperature for 5-6 days, refrigerate for 10-12 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
This recipe is awesome!! Love the cayenne pepper touch with the brown sugar and sea salt… CONS: having to wait 2 to 3 hours to enjoy them!! lol.. It was so worth it!!! 5 Stars all day long..😋😋