Rain, snow or heatwave, this Hot Spiced Fruit Bake is an evergreen ready to eat bake dessert. Moreover, it is full of fresh fruits and is gluten-free as well! So, what more can you ask, right? Here’s how to make this finger-licking Fruit Breakfast casserole at home!
Tea and Baked Fruit Desserts usually go very well together.
Although I love making Spiced Hot Cocoa Mix a lot when the weather turns cold, after a trial I have learned that I can even make a very innovative and flavourful Fruit Casserole or Hot fruit salad with spices and enjoy the weather even more.
This dessert is perfect to make for Christmas as well.
Your guest are going to love you, even more, when you serve them this gorgeous dessert 🙂
A ravishing combination that is also vegan (Use Maple Syrup) and gluten-free, this experiment of Baking with fresh fruits turned out marvelous.
Unlike the addition of all-purpose flour in usual bake goodies, these Hot Fruits need just fruits, some spices and a whole lot of butter.
However, you do need to add dark brown sugar to it. Why? Just because it peps up the sweetness and gives a great texture to the fruits.
Overall, this baked dish is a one-bowl recipe.
Yet, you can toss all your favorite fruits and spices in it, absolutely?
This Hot Fruit Bake is
- Vegan (If using Maple Syrup)
- Easy to make
- One Bowl
How to make a great Hot Spiced Fruit Bake?
- Use fresh and seasonal fruits like apples, pear, pomegranate, cranberries, figs, cherries.
- Don’t forget to add earthy spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.
- To give it a subtle zing, smother some lemon juice on the fruits while making it for sure.
- Lastly, a little butter is a must while making this one amazing dessert.
- You can use maple syrup instead of honey if you want to make a vegan version and replace butter with coconut oil.
Serve this motley of Baked Fruit with maple syrup, a scoop of Ice cream, creme fraiche or simply as it is as well.
You may even serve it with whipped cream or even greek yogurt.
Before you ask, fellas, sharing my secret recipe to make this #nomnom fruity extravaganza in no time:
You might also like
Step by Step Recipe
Mix the fruits in a bowl.
Add lemon juice and mix well.
Mix dark brown sugar, honey, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
Pour the mixture over the fruits and mix well.
Transfer the fruits in an 8×6 inch baking tray.
Preheat the oven to 150 Degrees C (300 Degrees F). Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Remove the tray from the oven and sprinkle toasted pecans on top.
Spiced Fruit Bake Recipe
- 2 Apples (Sliced)
- 2 Pear (Sliced)
- 1 cup Pineapple (Chunks)
- ½ cup Pomegranate
- 15-20 Cherries (Pitted and halved)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- ½ cup Butter (Melted)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ cup Roasted Pecans (Chopped)
- Mix the fruits in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Mix dark brown sugar, honey, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the fruits and mix well.
- Transfer the fruits in a 8x6 inch inch baking tray.
- Pre heat the oven to 150 Degrees C or 300 Degrees F..
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and sprinkle roasted pecans on top.
- Serve hot with ice cream scoops.