Laccha Paratha don’t need any introduction, right, foodies? Be it with Palak Paneer or Vegetable Jalfrezi , these flaky and crisp multi-layered Indian flatbreads rule our taste buds. Laccha Paratha are usually served along with luscious and spicy curries in various restaurants across the globe.
However, I love preparing them and their variations such as Pudina Laccha Parathas at home. These days, readymade Laccha Paratha are available in superstores. But as you know, nothing can beat homemade, piping hot Laccha Parathas! Additionally, when you prepare Laccha Parathas at home, you can rest assured about the quality of ingredients and your meals bound to become more salutary.
Laccha Paratha Recipe
Laccha Paratha / Multi Layered Indian Flat Bread
Laccha Paratha is an Indian bread which goes well with Any Indian Veg or Non Veg Curry.
- 3 cups All purpose flour/ Maida
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil For applying and Frying
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and 1 tbsp oil in a bowl.
- Make a soft dough using water.
- Knead the dough for 5-6 minutes until it becomes soft.
- Cover and keep the dough for 20 minutes.
- Knead again for 3-4 minutes.
- Cover and keep for another 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 pieces.
- Make small balls from each piece.
- Dust the dough and roll it as thin as possible.
- Don't worry about tearing it while rolling.
- Apply oil generously over the rolled dough.
- Sprinkle little dry flour on top.
- Fold the rolled dough like we roll a fan or like a pleat.
- Make a pinwheel with the pleated dough.
- Dust and roll the paratha to make a 7-8 inch disc.
- Heat a griddle.
- Keep the paratha on the hot griddle.
- Cook till brown spots appear.
- Turn the paratha on the other side.
- Apply oil on both the sides and cook till brown spots darken.
- Apply little pressure while cooking using back of a ladle.
- Remove the paratha from the griddle.
- Press from both the sides to open the layers
- Serve hot with any curry based dish.