Moongode / Indian Lentil Fritters
- Dhuli moong dal - 1 cup
- Ginger - 1 inch piece grated
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala - 1 tsp
- Spring onion greens - 2 cups
- Onion - 1 cup chopped
- Coriander - 3 tbsp chopped
- Green chili - 2 chopped
- Oil for frying
- Wash and soak moong dal for 3-4 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the moong dal in a blender to make a slightly coarse paste.
- Add a tbsp of water if required to make the paste.
- Take out the paste in a bowl and mix with your hands for 5 minutes to make it fluffy.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to this paste and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan.
- When the oil is hot, simmer the eat to medium low and drop small rounds of the mixture in the oil.
- Fry the moongode till nicely browned.
- Serve immediately with coriander chutney.